DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Jul 17, 2019 at 3:49 Quote
Bought Jade a few years ago. Put it on my GIant Reign '15. Suddenly I realized that that suspension tends to bottom out easily. I went for a firmer spring, but that didn't change the situation in terms of bottoming out. So I reached DVO-guys via mail and was guided through the whole process of changing stock shim stack to accommodate my frame's leverage. Ronnie kindly suggested the required tools and there to source required shims.

Other words, want to appreciate DVO customer service!

Since, no bottom outs! I can describe Jade performance as glued to the ground. Completely different suspension feeling.

Here is my current setup:
450 spring
Preload - 2 turns
Rebound - 14 click from closed
LSC - 3.5 turns
HSC - 15 click

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 at 2:47 Quote
DirtyHal wrote:
So I'm considering the Jade for my 2019 Norco Aurum HSP (650B version) but my main concern is increased mid stroke support over the stock rockshox coil. I'm currently running a 500lb spring with 25% sag but it just seems to blow through the stroke and the bike seems relatively wallowy regardless of the low sag. I've added LSC but it just seems less than ideal.

Can the jade be tuned out of the box to offer the kind of ride I'm looking for or would I have to start playing with the shim stack tuning immediately? I don't want to make the switch if it isn't going to offer me what I'm looking for. The other option I'm looking at is sending my rockshox coil to avalanche to have it custom tuned and updgraded with their HSB system Does anyone know how that would compare?

We can have it tuned for you straight from the office, send me a pm on here and lets get you sorted.

O+
Posted: Jul 23, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
Is there a possibility we’ll see a shorter travel DC fork soon? 180mm?

It’s starting to feel like we’ll see more long travel bikes (esp 29”) running them, probably first on ebikes. I’m toying with the idea of a DC swap from my 36’s.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 5:05 Quote
heinous wrote:
Is there a possibility we’ll see a shorter travel DC fork soon? 180mm?

It’s starting to feel like we’ll see more long travel bikes (esp 29”) running them, probably first on ebikes. I’m toying with the idea of a DC swap from my 36’s.
I can set you up with a dc Onyx a lower it to 180mm

O+
Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 5:22 Quote
Awesome. I’ll be in touch when I’m in your neck of the woods so we can avoid the courier hassle.

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 18:47 Quote
(Not sure if right spot to ask, apologies if so).
The DVO Topaz air shock states its used for xc/enduro riding.
Considering a Topaz for my Process 165.
Has anyone used a Topaz air for bike park/dh? If so any issues/how well did it handle the abuse of constant jumps etc?

Posted: Jul 24, 2019 at 19:36 Quote
dr-fishy-noooo wrote:
(Not sure if right spot to ask, apologies if so).
The DVO Topaz air shock states its used for xc/enduro riding.
Considering a Topaz for my Process 165.
Has anyone used a Topaz air for bike park/dh? If so any issues/how well did it handle the abuse of constant jumps etc?
I put one through some serious shit over 2 years, no complaints. 100% recommend it for any and all type MTB

Posted: Jul 25, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
heinous wrote:
Awesome. I’ll be in touch when I’m in your neck of the woods so we can avoid the courier hassle.
Yeah for sure.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 2:18 Quote
Does anyone here know when the trunnion topaz will be available?
For now it's only Giants sizes, but I see a 205x60 listed on the site, and I need one! lol

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 2:23 Quote
SvSake wrote:
For now it's only Giants sizes, but I see a 205x60 listed on the site, and I need one! lol

I've had one on my Transition patrol for about 5 Months!

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
tops5 wrote:
SvSake wrote:

Ahh, whoops, I thought only the topaz 2 was available in trunnion sizes!

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 2:57 Quote
SvSake wrote:
tops5 wrote:
SvSake wrote:

Ahh, whoops, I thought only the topaz 2 was available in trunnion sizes!

Aah whoops form me Smile think it is a Topaz 2 - what's the difference?

fg
fg

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 9:08 Quote
Ok as of right now the topaz 2 is tuned towards the giant maestro suspension, we tried it on many other bikes and it didnt feel right to us.

Posted: Aug 2, 2019 at 22:37 Quote
Do you have a release date on that new Jade X coil?

Posted: Aug 3, 2019 at 4:30 Quote
Wow just been bedding in my Sapphire Mk1s using tf tuned shock juice round seals.

Just a xc run but maaaaan had them on 3 lsc and yowsers they’re starting to feel incredible plush, precise and take the harshities along with the RUST bars of course.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014297
Mobile Version of Website