DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 15:35 Quote
The 29er diamond has a minimum of 130. 27.5 has a minimum of 140. Unfortunately, you cannot run shorter

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 15:52 Quote
Shame as I'd have liked to run a DVO fork on both my hardtails. Unfortunately my BTR is 27.5 and 140mm isn't advised.
Thanks anyway!

O+
Posted: May 14, 2021 at 19:44 Quote
Has anyone added oil above the piston to make their Onyx SC more progressive? How much oil did you add?

Posted: May 14, 2021 at 21:06 Quote
Heywood165 wrote:
Shame as I'd have liked to run a DVO fork on both my hardtails. Unfortunately my BTR is 27.5 and 140mm isn't advised.
Thanks anyway!

The sapphire comes in 130mm for 27.5.

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 10:13 Quote
provin1327 wrote:
Has anyone added oil above the piston to make their Onyx SC more progressive? How much oil did you add?

Standard service procedure is 5cc. Step 90 here: http://tech.dvosuspension.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/onyxSCfull-service1.pdf

O+
Posted: May 15, 2021 at 15:55 Quote
Heywood165 wrote:
Hey all! Quick question for anyone in the know. Is it possible to run the DVO Diamond fork at 120mm or 130mm at a push? Thanks for any information.

You can but it will feel shit as it stops the OTT pre load and air volume balance gets all on the piss

Posted: May 15, 2021 at 16:42 Quote
Yeah, that’s not ideal, I’ll stick with what I have. I didn’t really want to go back down to a 34mm diameter fork. A hardcore hardtail deserves a burly fork, I just wanted to try a decent air fork instead of the coil currently fitted.

Thanks for the suggestions all.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 15:41 Quote
Sorry if this has already been covered, but the DVO website gives the same weight for the Onyx SC and the Onyx SC E1 (2250g for a 29er), despite the extra bushing overlap and e-bike beefyness. Has anyone chucked the E1 on a set of scales to verify that? Keen to know before I buy.

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 18:28 Quote
FYI - an 29-inch Onyx SC uncut and with axle is 2344g

O+
Posted: May 16, 2021 at 21:14 Quote
kwapik wrote:
FYI - an 29-inch Onyx SC uncut and with axle is 2344g

I weighed my Diamond 29 with an axle and a cut steerer tube at 2300g. They aren't light forks but they feel oh so good. IIRC a Zeb weighs less than a Diamond Lol

Posted: May 16, 2021 at 21:42 Quote
Yep I've had a couple of Diamonds and really liked them both. I've just seen a good deal on an Onyx E1 and if there's not much of a weight penalty for the bigger bushing overlap, then I'd probably go for the E1 over the standard Onyx. I'm not that heavy for my height and not that gnarly, so it would be marginal gains.

Posted: May 17, 2021 at 0:27 Quote
I had a fox 34(i hated it) I have a 36( old model on my DJ) its does the job. I had RS sektor and revelation. The Diamond for me is where its at. I dont have tune up problems. I was constantly adjusting the other forks and never happy on one day out on one trail. The setup for one section would be good and then going to another it would be lacking. The Diamond, for me is just so well balanced on different terrain!

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 19:06 Quote
Hey folks, I am in need of some semi-emergency help here. Trying to get ready for a ride tomorrow am and I took the air can off my Topaz T3 to add a spacer to the negative chamber. Not my first time in an air shock, and I watched Ronnie's video. Whole process went pretty smooth. So it seemed. Aired it back up, went to check the sag, and when I sat on it, the shock fully compressed as if it were empty. I checked the air can pressure, it hadn't changed a bit since I aired it back up. Took the shock back apart, inspected o rings and carefully reassembled. Aired it up, and this time it set sag correctly. Took it out in the driveway to bounce around on it and it sucked back in, blowing all of the travel. Incredibly slow to return. Checked air can pressure and bladder pressure- both are just as I set them. I need some help please!!!

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 21:22 Quote
Im not 100% sure for the DVO but I had this kind of issue on a monarch in the past, the air can inner seal was leaking, between the negative and the positive chambers I guess. I was able to finish my riding weekend by putting a lot of sram butter on it but I had to change the seal eventually.

Posted: May 18, 2021 at 21:45 Quote
Check the o ring that is inside

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011451
Mobile Version of Website