DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
DVO appreciation and support thread (AKA the Ced Thread) - Pics, ride reports and discussion
Posted: Sep 19, 2023 at 17:40 Quote
tubby1536 wrote:
I mess rebuilding my diamond
what kind of problems?

Interesting cause soon will be doing rebuild of Diamond D1..

Posted: Sep 19, 2023 at 19:36 Quote
ka81 wrote:
tubby1536 wrote:
I mess rebuilding my diamond
what kind of problems?

Interesting cause soon will be doing rebuild of Diamond D1..

I was referring to the mess of oil spilling all over while bleeding the damper. The actual service was pretty straight forward.

O+
Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 17:31 Quote
tubby1536 wrote:
I enjoyed learning how to 3D print with the OTT adjuster lock file shared by another user on this thread. After making a mess rebuilding my diamond and wanting to learn more on 3D print and design I took a shot at CAD and designed a bleed funnel/cup

It came out great. Cost $0.90 to print at the local library. I did have to file the hex very slightly to get it on. But probably for the best as there is no risk of it falling out. I have not used it for an actual bleed yet and expect I will still need to seal it to the fork somehow. Might try making a rubber gasket and glue it to the bottom.

I put the file up on Thingaverse for anyone to use.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:6226014

3d printed bleed cup
3d printed bleed cup

3d printed bleed cup
3d printed bleed cup

3d printed bleed cup
3d printed bleed cup

Nice job! My solution so far has been to use a nuun tube cut in half with some tape around the bottom to make it fit tighter. The hardest part is getting the excess oil out at the end without making a mess.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 5:38 Quote
my onyx has started leaking/weeping pretty bad, will new seals and felt rings fix this or am i in for more?

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 7:46 Quote
13en wrote:
my onyx has started leaking/weeping pretty bad, will new seals and felt rings fix this or am i in for more?

If it's only leaking out the seals/wipers, that should do the trick. How much use have you had on them, out of curiosity? I used my Diamond for 3 seasons without needing to replace the seals (only regular home rebuilds/bleeds etc). My Onyx is at the end of it's second season without any seal issues.

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 17:07 Quote
mammal wrote:
13en wrote:

If it's only leaking out the seals/wipers, that should do the trick. How much use have you had on them, out of curiosity? I used my Diamond for 3 seasons without needing to replace the seals (only regular home rebuilds/bleeds etc). My Onyx is at the end of it's second season without any seal issues.

This will be close to the end of the second summer. Ive done one lower service in the fall of last year but reused the seals and felts.
It probably still needs to be honed honestly which I was thinking was maybe some of why it leaks now. idk

O+
Posted: Sep 21, 2023 at 20:08 Quote
13en wrote:
This will be close to the end of the second summer. Ive done one lower service in the fall of last year but reused the seals and felts.
It probably still needs to be honed honestly which I was thinking was maybe some of why it leaks now. idk

Bushing fit shouldn't have much to do with weepy seals, unless they're tight enough to be really wearing the stanchions. Just seal wear probably.

O+
Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 8:44 Quote
I'm sure it's a nice fork. It's got a monster damper bladder, hopefully it can keep it's air inside for longer than the old one. Interesting that they've got the SL air spring and OTT versions both available. I guess the OTT version is still the premium one? They somehow made the fenders look worse though. Yikes.

Posted: Sep 26, 2023 at 22:52 Quote
That new Onyx 38 is Lookn sick

Posted: Sep 27, 2023 at 10:20 Quote
Damn no more DVO Blue lowers Cry

Posted: Sep 28, 2023 at 3:29 Quote
I really hoped they would also announce the DC D1 with 38mm stanchions :/ No info on re-stock on the current ones as well

O+
Posted: Oct 25, 2023 at 11:17 Quote
My Onyx SC D1 was starting to behave like a pogostick. No change in compression damping no matter what combo of low speed or high speed setting. Opened it up and discovered that the bladder on the damper had deflated. Changed out the oil. Reinflated the bladder. Reinstalled and bled it.

Now my low-speed compression dial is working, and there is a difference in damping level. New problem is that the high-speed dial is completely stuck. Cannot move it in either direction. Any tips on how to fix it?

Posted: Dec 5, 2023 at 6:16 Quote
Anyone running the New Onyx 38 yet? Looking to change from the the Onyx 36 that I could never get to feel right after 3 seasons.

Posted: Dec 6, 2023 at 1:46 Quote
SkinnieAF wrote:
Anyone running the New Onyx 38 yet? Looking to change from the the Onyx 36 that I could never get to feel right after 3 seasons.

Some on the DVO Facebook-page are very pleased with it. One person had the 36 and really loved the step up to the 38.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011877
Mobile Version of Website