Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Craziest Bike or Bike Parts!!
Posted: Dec 29, 2018 at 5:11 Quote
Reminds me of the Whyte PRST-1..

I'm way more interested in your heavy duty bike lift, do you service motorcycles on that thing?

Posted: Dec 30, 2018 at 5:38 Quote
So let me get this right, you take a perfectly good front end with no linkages in it at all and then you.......

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 13:11 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:

I'm way more interested in your heavy duty bike lift, do you service motorcycles on that thing?

Stop fat shaming bikes.

Posted: Jan 8, 2019 at 4:23 Quote
v brake mounts look positively out of place

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 12:13 Quote
therevfryslim wrote:
v brake mounts look positively out of place

Yet a godsend bitd post calliper rim brakes.

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 13:38 Quote
That MF though, massively ahead of its time, still.

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
pepperoni wrote:
photo

Ah, a muddy fox reactor - forks were directly linked to the rear suspension and shared a shock. The designers said that they had designed in a delay so that the rear shock would perform well for both the forks and rear suspension. The rear suspension would 'react' to what the forks would do. Obviously it didnt works at all well, different speeds would require different 'reactions'. it had terrible reviews in all of the media. that coupled with the horrendous cost at the time 3.5k they didnt sell many.
Personally I'd love to own one as a part of mtb history. Its a bit of a cult bike I'm. If only they had designed in a second shock for the rear......

Posted: Jan 11, 2019 at 6:15 Quote
Interesting to look at, bet it's a messy ride.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 12:43 Quote
monkeyboyjc wrote:
pepperoni wrote:
photo

Ah, a muddy fox reactor - forks were directly linked to the rear suspension and shared a shock. The designers said that they had designed in a delay so that the rear shock would perform well for both the forks and rear suspension. The rear suspension would 'react' to what the forks would do. Obviously it didnt works at all well, different speeds would require different 'reactions'. it had terrible reviews in all of the media. that coupled with the horrendous cost at the time 3.5k they didnt sell many.
Personally I'd love to own one as a part of mtb history. Its a bit of a cult bike I'm. If only they had designed in a second shock for the rear......

Bionic did something similar but had two shocks, linked hydraulically and the ability to unlink them. Worked really well for cornering. Was really easy to set up as well.

Posted: Jan 13, 2019 at 13:23 Quote
The bionicon bike was for geometry changing whist riding, the muddy fox was for "performance", it just didn't work. The rear suspension would compress when the fork hits a bump and then as the rear wheel hits the same bump the fork would also compress.......

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 1:42 Quote
What's up with the middle one?!
photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 1:48 Quote
Oh... And this risse racing super voltinator:
photo
photo

Posted: Jan 19, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
thunder-nuggets wrote:
Is that a risse???

Yes. I remember they made the rear ends for a couple of Saracens top end bikes here in the UK many years ago. I still have a Risse Trixxxy fork as well which is nicely made.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025716
Mobile Version of Website