Picked up my first downhill rig, howd i do?

PB Forum :: Downhill
Picked up my first downhill rig, howd i do?
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 16:27 Quote
pretty stoked to have bought my first dh bike. ive ridden a couple times at killington on rental bikes and finally decided to get my own. the frame is a never ridden 2015 Turner DHR and the build is as follows;

2015 Fox dc4 kashima
2014- Boxxer world cup
Saint Cranks
Zee derailer
Avid Codes
HT titanium spindle pedals
Ethirteen guide
Thompson bars
Thompson post
DT swiss wheel set
SDG saddle
Minions

ive looked at and researched 100's of bikes in the last two weeks and out of everything in my price range i liked what i found about the turner dhr the best, it was that or a Glory 0. not sure how to post pics on here yet
photo

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 18:18 Quote
Pics or it didn't happen.

Click on "photos" then the little green plus sign "Upload photos".

Posted: Oct 20, 2016 at 20:33 Quote
Congrats! It'd be worth your time (and safety) to go over (or have the bike gone over) to make sure everything is tight and good to go before you bombshard down the mountain. Good piece of mind too! Well wear and get some pics up!

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 3:44 Quote
Ok I'll have to try from my computer because on my phone I don't see the word photos any where

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 3:46 Quote
sab11 wrote:
Congrats! It'd be worth your time (and safety) to go over (or have the bike gone over) to make sure everything is tight and good to go before you bombshard down the mountain. Good piece of mind too! Well wear and get some pics up!

I will definitely do that as soon as it gets here. I want to upgrade the brakes, don't like what I've read about codes. What are the best brakes out there? Hope V4?

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 7:17 Quote
Hope's are nice. The latest generation of Saint's are nice too. I like the Formula offerings. There's a ton of feedback on everything on here an elsewhere...once you find something you like, read up on the real world reviews and see if it fits what you're looking for in terms of modulation and performance.

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
Pics or it didn't happen.

Click on "photos" then the little green plus sign "Upload photos".

i uploaded them to pb but how do i put them here

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 17:10 Quote
cmcrawfo wrote:
photo

thank you i figured it out in the original post

Posted: Oct 21, 2016 at 20:03 Quote
sab11 wrote:
Hope's are nice. The latest generation of Saint's are nice too. I like the Formula offerings. There's a ton of feedback on everything on here an elsewhere...once you find something you like, read up on the real world reviews and see if it fits what you're looking for in terms of modulation and performance.
I've had my saints bled 20 times since the 820/ came out and sent like 3 sets back for warranty.
When they work they work AWESOME but they are high high maintaince. I hate avids lever feel so my next brakes will be hopes

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 2:33 Quote
kent wrote:
sab11 wrote:
I've had my saints bled 20 times since the 820/ came out and sent like 3 sets back for warranty.
When they work they work AWESOME but they are high high maintaince. I hate avids lever feel so my next brakes will be hopes

Thanks for the input, I am just going to order a set of hope v4's

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 9:21 Quote
This was the one in the buy sell section? I was watching it Frown

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 16:38 Quote
dhmtbr777 wrote:
This was the one in the buy sell section? I was watching it Frown

Indeed it was. Great deal

Posted: Oct 22, 2016 at 19:42 Quote
Sick rig with really nice parts! I've seen the same frame on buy/sell too!

Posted: Oct 23, 2016 at 0:40 Quote
Pretty sure those aren't 2014 boxxers

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014252
Mobile Version of Website