Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Oct 28, 2023 at 14:29 Quote
photo
Sorry guys, forgot to load photos. a lot of time and money into bike. I do not think its worth what I put into it!?
Dt Swiss 240's
Dt Swiss fr570
specialized progressive link
7 speed cassettes
Sram xo cranks
crank brothers mallet enduro pedals
fox dhx2
fox 40 factory
saint brakes
Sram shifter
Sram derailleur

Posted: Nov 2, 2023 at 13:15 Quote
Hello boys and girls. Anyone tried riding new demo with full 27.5 setup? Any thoughts?
Cheers

Posted: Nov 5, 2023 at 13:32 Quote
Keep looking at DH bikes

What's the deal with the demo (current model) in the UK they seem to be out of stock in S4 all the time.

Do they ever come in stock or have they discontinued production awaiting release of the new one?

Posted: Nov 6, 2023 at 2:14 Quote
Mike172 wrote:
Keep looking at DH bikes

What's the deal with the demo (current model) in the UK they seem to be out of stock in S4 all the time.

Do they ever come in stock or have they discontinued production awaiting release of the new one?

They are still available but hard to get. I was waiting for 2 years and had numerous dates given before I gave up

Posted: Nov 28, 2023 at 11:13 Quote
Does anyone know where I can find decals for the most recent model demo? Pls

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 9:07 Quote
Has anyone swapped their 19/20 chainstays to the current adjustable chainstay? I usually order every part I need direct, but specialized directed me to order through a dealer. The two dealers I talked to in the Seattle area asked me to "just bring the bike in to figure it out". For those that have done it, is it just the lower chainstay swap? Or is the seatstay as well? Does anyone have the total parts list needed ?

Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 9:56 Quote
hessiannate wrote:
Has anyone swapped their 19/20 chainstays to the current adjustable chainstay? I usually order every part I need direct, but specialized directed me to order through a dealer. The two dealers I talked to in the Seattle area asked me to "just bring the bike in to figure it out". For those that have done it, is it just the lower chainstay swap? Or is the seatstay as well? Does anyone have the total parts list needed ?
I would also love to know this, demo 29 owner.

O+
Posted: Nov 30, 2023 at 16:51 Quote
Does anyone have the rear brake cable guides for a 2020+ Demo kicking around in their toolbox they are willing to part with? There are 4 of them. Thanks for the help!

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 4:51 Quote
NickMT wrote:
hessiannate wrote:
I would also love to know this, demo 29 owner.

Was looking at this option as well. Answer from Specialized:

The 2020 Demo 29 can be converted to a mullet 29/27.5, however requires a new rear triangle rather than just a shock link. The 2021 Demo 29 model has a redesigned rear triangle with flip chip that allows adjustment for either 29 or 27.5 rear wheels, however this design was new for 2021 and not included in the 2020 version. The below parts are all required to convert a 2020 Demo 29 to a mullet setup. These parts can be ordered via any Specialized retailer. Please visit or contact your nearest Specialized shop with the part details below to order.

Seat Stay - MY21 DEMO SEATSTAY GLOSS METALLIC BLACK W/O DECAL - £199.90 RRP
Part number - S205000002

Chain Stay - MY21 DEMO CHAINSTAY GLOSS METALLIC BLACK W/O DECAL - £209.90
Part number - S201500006

Flipchip - BLT MY21 DEMO WHEELBASE FLIP CHIP KIT - £54.90 RRP
Part number - S200500004

Hope this helps.

Posted: Dec 1, 2023 at 10:55 Quote
Willcarpenter8 wrote:
Does anyone know where I can find decals for the most recent model demo? Pls

Contact Slik Graphics, they should be able to sort you out.

Posted: Dec 18, 2023 at 8:49 Quote
Hi, what fork offset is everyone running for the 2021+ mullet frame? Geometry on specialized website says 56 for fork offset but everyone seems to want reduced offset so not sure what to get. Any info/experience on what you're running would be great, cheers

Posted: Dec 19, 2023 at 11:43 Quote
Etchels wrote:
Hi, what fork offset is everyone running for the 2021+ mullet frame? Geometry on specialized website says 56 for fork offset but everyone seems to want reduced offset so not sure what to get. Any info/experience on what you're running would be great, cheers

52 fox 40s and did run 56mm on boxxers before
Don’t notice the difference in in honest tbf man
I’d say as long as you are in the 50s it will be sweet

Posted: Dec 26, 2023 at 14:29 Quote
Good morning guys , usually first time poster long time lurker

I have trust issues with Google's response

Pretty sure I've killed a crank bearing on my
2014 alloy frame Demo 8 II ( it has a bit of play in it )

Would anybody have a link or part number for the bearings I need

Thanks Luke

Posted: Jan 1, 2024 at 10:43 Quote
BEX500 wrote:
Hello boys and girls. Anyone tried riding new demo with full 27.5 setup? Any thoughts?
Cheers

Oi Oi found ya

Posted: Jan 1, 2024 at 17:24 Quote
I’m 6 3”. A demo in S4 gonna be too small? Largest size they make. 29” wheel size. According to website they say it’s good up to 6’4”. What do you guys think? TIA! Mike

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009879
Mobile Version of Website