Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 19:33 Quote
snoborder wrote:
patch92 wrote:
snoborder wrote:
anyone own a 2017 light blue on red demo? wondering if it is a turqoise blue? or baby blue. I am looking to purchase one and pictures do not justify the colors. just looks like the color is more of a baby blue,turqoise. no offense to any riders,but kinda looks like a girls bike? or is that the going thing for demo's?

I have that color. It’s a baby blue and bright red. I think it’s friggin awesome. Not girly at all. But if that’s what you think, don’t get it. Get what you like.
thanks! been looking between the full black and that color. I think the black you will be able to see all scratches on it.
patch----noticed you are in Colorado also. do you ride that demo at trestle? if so,how does the fox 40"s do at that park?

Yes I go to trestle almost every weekend. Fox 40... boxer... either or will be fine. You could get by with just an enduro bike, but a full blown dh bike makes it more enjoyable. I think you’re over thinking it man. Just find the demo that you like and go for it. Especially since you’re just now getting into it, you won’t be able to tell the difference between a 40 or a boxxer, or drivetrains or wheel sets... once you start riding more you can upgrade as you see fit.

Posted: Dec 25, 2018 at 14:58 Quote
sram code or shimano zee/saint brakes? what has better modulation? more persistant modulation.?

Posted: Dec 26, 2018 at 13:02 Quote
snoborder wrote:
sram code or shimano zee/saint brakes? what has better modulation? more persistant modulation.?

SRAM has better modulation. But I prefer the power of saint. And the lever feel of saint.

Posted: Dec 28, 2018 at 16:44 Quote
looking to purchase a fox dhx2 rear shock.what size does the demo 8 take? how to find? thanks!

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 17:46 Quote
anyone know where to get down tube frame decals for the demo 8? does specialized offer them in different colors? or any other suppliers specifically OEM. in different colors.

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 18:17 Quote
snoborder wrote:
anyone know where to get down tube frame decals for the demo 8? does specialized offer them in different colors? or any other suppliers specifically OEM. in different colors.

Dude, start using google for all your questions.

Posted: Dec 31, 2018 at 18:44 Quote
patch92 wrote:
snoborder wrote:

Dude, start using google for all your questions.
dude,tryed it! just wondering if it is bunk or legit.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 18:11 Quote
snoborder wrote:
thanks! been looking between the full black and that color. I think the black you will be able to see all scratches on it.
patch----noticed you are in Colorado also. do you ride that demo at trestle? if so,how does the fox 40"s do at that park?

bike shield and chain protection helps A LOT, thats what I will put on my new Demo 8 carbon which is completely black.
And its downhill biking, you might cry when you have the first scratch (I definitely will), but you get over and and soon you do not "care" as much.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 18:38 Quote
Demo8AUT wrote:
snoborder wrote:

bike shield and chain protection helps A LOT, thats what I will put on my new Demo 8 carbon which is completely black.
And its downhill biking, you might cry when you have the first scratch (I definitely will), but you get over and and soon you do not "care" as much.
what is your bike shield and chain protect? as I am in the same situation. am putting a pretty penny down for a bike and I like to not thrash my bikes and take care of them! also,for re-sale.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
snoborder wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
snoborder wrote:

what is your bike shield and chain protect? as I am in the same situation. am putting a pretty penny down for a bike and I like to not thrash my bikes and take care of them! also,for re-sale.

No joke. Take what I say like gold. The hardest thing to do is pay extra coin for a frame wrap or some sort of tape on the frame to protecting its finish after you spend a couple grand on the bike itself. But do it. It’s worth it. I have never done it on any of bikes. I bought a new demo and said I would.... I didn’t because I’m cheap. After 1 season I only have 2 small paint chips in my frame. But I’m pissed about it. So have your frame wrapped or put some sort of clear protection on there! I finally did a few days ago, after a full season.

Posted: Jan 3, 2019 at 19:33 Quote
patch92 wrote:
snoborder wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:

No joke. Take what I say like gold. The hardest thing to do is pay extra coin for a frame wrap or some sort of tape on the frame to protecting its finish after you spend a couple grand on the bike itself. But do it. It’s worth it. I have never done it on any of bikes. I bought a new demo and said I would.... I didn’t because I’m cheap. After 1 season I only have 2 small paint chips in my frame. But I’m pissed about it. So have your frame wrapped or put some sort of clear protection on there! I finally did a few days ago, after a full season.
thanks! will do.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 11:04 Quote
snoborder wrote:
Demo8AUT wrote:
snoborder wrote:

the name of my bike shield is bike shield - it is from sweden, but you should get that in every bike store, thicker protection or thiner protection, i think mine is 3mm.

as for the chain protection: just use an old tube, cut it up in little stripes and wrap it around the frame. tape (the beginning) onto the frame and glue (the end) (that glue that you use for fixing your tube if you have a flat) on the other part of the tube - viola - you have a free chain protection and saved approx. 50 bugs and made use of old stuff.

Posted: Jan 4, 2019 at 11:53 Quote
dhfaktory wrote:
Captain-panckaes wrote:
I have a 2017 demo 8 and im trying do undo the main pivot, it won't move at all.
Read my post a bit up... with me was very simple..

Oi é Dhfaktory... olhá lá conseguiste abrir isso... é mesmo da esquerda para a direita?

To which side loosen the pivot?

Posted: Jan 5, 2019 at 7:00 Quote
dhfaktory wrote:
Captain-panckaes wrote:
I have a 2017 demo 8 and im trying do undo the main pivot, it won't move at all.
Read my post a bit up... with me was very simple..

Epa o pivot nao desaperta nao sei que mais fazer nao quero forçar até partir algo...

É no sentido dos ponteiros do relogio ou ap contrario?

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014359
Mobile Version of Website