Specialized demo owners club

PB Forum :: Specialized
Specialized demo owners club
Posted: Jan 16, 2020 at 8:04 Quote
Sorry for the slight blur. They are 1 1/8 the whole length. I thought the same when first looking at it because the crown race looks tapered. Eek

photo

Eek The only part you need to work out is how your gonna cut the new steerer tube.. Beer Rolleyes pipe cutter tool and sanding down on the concrete seem's to be the way to go.

Posted: Jan 17, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
Eek Got new tyre today. The ol butcher is almost down to the inner tube so need's replacing. Beer goodbye old friend.
Gonna give this one a try, it's for the rear wheel.

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
Beer Thought would take a few pics of the tyre clearance between the chain and chain stay. This is a 2.4 width with a 10-speed cassette. Providing you can fit a tyre in the gap then there is no issues as the chain is in-line with the chain stay. 2.3-2.8 no problem. (About 1 inch of space)

photo

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:23 Quote
CarolineHix wrote:
Beer Thought would take a few pics of the tyre clearance between the chain and chain stay. This is a 2.4 width with a 10-speed cassette. Providing you can fit a tyre in the gap then there is no issues as the chain is in-line with the chain stay. 2.3-2.8 no problem. (About 1 inch of space)

photo

?? What are you trying to tell us? or is it just me? Confused

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 5:32 Quote
lol Not telling anything. It's been quiet here lately is all.
But also just letting people know thing's and take pic's when they happen.

Usually it's just whole bike photo's people post. but not everyone take's pictures of the basic/useful stuff like nut's n bolt's, wheel's,rims,pivot's,suspension's etc etc. Bearing's are a good example because it's something you can't really find out about without taken it apart first.

If you bought a new spoke nipple's, i'd want to know about it Razz far more interesting than shock progressiveness bar chart's xD (joke joke.. it's all interesting !) Eek

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 8:28 Quote
I'm just waiting on my demo to crack like the others and spec will have to offer me the latest one Big Grin

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 11:08 Quote
bigburd wrote:
I'm just waiting on my demo to crack like the others and spec will have to offer me the latest one Big Grin

Lol. But then they will give you a 29er frame. And you’ll be stuck with all your other parts. I doubt they will just give you a brand new complete bike.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 13:04 Quote
bigburd wrote:

it's not a matter of if, but when Smile

The new one is legit, blows our ones out of the water.

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 10:35 Quote
I have a 2013 demo 8, I’m fully stripping the bike to full service including new pivot bearings. When trying to remove the “fsr” bolt nearest to the seat post, riders right hand side, it just spins and doesn’t undo or come out, the left hand side unthreaded fine but this one keeps spinning. Is there a special way to remove it? Or are the threads trashed inside? Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou

Posted: Jan 28, 2020 at 11:27 Quote
corey-watson wrote:
I have a 2013 demo 8, I’m fully stripping the bike to full service including new pivot bearings. When trying to remove the “fsr” bolt nearest to the seat post, riders right hand side, it just spins and doesn’t undo or come out, the left hand side unthreaded fine but this one keeps spinning. Is there a special way to remove it? Or are the threads trashed inside? Any help would be much appreciated. Thankyou

It’s probably just under load. If you already threaded out the other side, lift up on the rest end to take the load off the bolt, then push it out. It won’t just Thread out as it’s not threaded to anything other than the other side cap.

Release tension and push it out

Edit: just saw this is for a 2013. I’m not sure how those bolt on. But it might still be because there is tension on the rocker.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 3:26 Quote
Is the demo 8 2018 noisy bike? How does it work ? Is it progressive and how it handles with fox dhx2 ? Big thanks

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 6:07 Quote
I have had a Fair amount of noise from drive chain on the the demos I had/have.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 6:52 Quote
Eek Extremely noisy. Beer Love it. lul

It's a mixed beast really. If you run it 7 speed (default) and all your parts are brand new (brand new bike). It's actually really quiet ! (You can sneak up on people providing you are pedalling slightly to eliminate hub clicks)

However you will most likely get rear wheel ting's and spoke ping's, rattle sounds as your cassette/chain ring wears down (derailleur jockey wheels will also squeek if you get them wet and don't grease em often), brakes will squeel if you swap em for sintered (organic are quiet tho with the exception when they are wet. make some weird warble sound lol), rear shock might make squishy sounds after a while and you might develop a click or creek at some point usually from bearing's or hub's. Also by having a chain guide there's going to be some noise over not using one.

Never had any problem with cable rattle tho Beer
Honestly most of the noises are what you'd get on any bike after a bit of use.

Posted: Jan 30, 2020 at 8:45 Quote
I got demo 8 2018 with dhx2 2019 and x01 7 speed group set but still not on wheels cuz i need to do some things! really like the match with the fox orange spring and all stuff but can’t post pic... I run 425x3 lbs i am 80 KG w/o gear maybe ill need stiffer spring but will see . And my height is 1.75cm i’ll run L size for the frame

Posted: Jan 31, 2020 at 11:43 Quote
How much of the travel do you typically use with orange spring ?
photo

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013583
Mobile Version of Website