Radon Owners Thread!

PB Forum :: Other
Radon Owners Thread!
Posted: May 21, 2019 at 4:07 Quote
Found a crack in front triangle of my Swoop 170 after trip to Finale, will see how warranty process goes.
It's been 2 weeks since I reported it, no response yet.

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 7:16 Quote
void wrote:
Found a crack in front triangle of my Swoop 170 after trip to Finale, will see how warranty process goes.

I'd be interested to see some pics. Where is it?

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 11:02 Quote
void wrote:

Also keen to see some photos as I'm heading to finale this weekend so will know what to look out for!!

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Top tube at the downtube junction
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17239619

Posted: May 21, 2019 at 14:00 Quote
Update: My radon should be here by the end of the week Smile

Posted: May 23, 2019 at 11:42 Quote
void wrote:
Top tube at the downtube junction
https://m.pinkbike.com/photo/17239619

that's the same frame/year as mine....i'll have to go check now

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 2:58 Quote
Hey guys,
so after riding my old Cube AMS 130 for 5 years, I've decided to treat myself with a new, bigger bike Smile
As I live in lower bavaria at the junction of the danube/altmuehl valley, lots of little climbs for short trails are needed, the new slide trail seemed perfect. Plus the price made it pretty much irresistible keeping the components in mind.
As it turned out, it really is a perfect allrounder to me, even though it's a little heavier than my previous bike, it's still a capable climber but oh boi is it fun on the trails back down.

I've had it for about 3 weeks now, and it came just in time for a week of riding trails near Punta Ala in Tuscany for the last week. The climbs were easily manageable and on the downhills I felt really safe on the bike and got faster pretty much every day.

In case you're still not sure about getting the bike, I can honestly recommend it to everyone who likes long pedaling days with funky trails in between Smile
I got the L / 20" at 179cm and it fits perfectly

Happy me after an awesome day at the Trailcentre near Massa Marittima Smile
photo
Cheers!

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 5:36 Quote
That's the very bike I was considering along with the Swoop 8, but couldn't make my mind up. That slide trail looks amazing, but I was a little apprehensive about the bottom bracket being higher, and the angles not being slack enough for those dh days I occasionally have. It seems bikediscount have run out of the 20", so I guess they've now made my mind up for me!

Posted: May 27, 2019 at 9:26 Quote
mulv1976 wrote:
... but I was a little apprehensive about the bottom bracket being higher, and the angles not being slack enough for those dh days I occasionally have.

Sounds reasonable, so far I've been running it with the flip chip on the high setting, but it already feels like having a quite low and centered position. I'm planning to swap it this weekend along with changing to tubeless tires up front aswell, I'll see how much difference it makes.

For gnarlier stuff and downhill the swoop seems to be the weapon of choice though, one of my friends has been racing with the former version and he really likes it!

Posted: May 29, 2019 at 4:42 Quote
photo

I had my Radon slide trail 8.0 for about 48 hours before i noticed this. A crak in my Carbon Frame..

They wouldnt let me return it since its been ridden for 1 hour, 49 minute climb and 11 minute decend. Typical trip to set up your suspension. Theres not a scratch on it from riding but they say that they can see signs of usage from the images ive sent them.

Now i gotta wait another 2-3 weeks before i can ride again, i have to postpone a mtb holiday wich i already have invested money into. I have a local enduro i was signed up for that i can not attend because i have no bike. The start of my summer is ruined.

Radon has offered me a new frame, and 100EUR compensation so i can have my parts swapped at a bike shop, but it will cost more to swap the parts wich sucks. They can swap the parts for me for free of course but im guessing the wait will be even longer.

I waited a month for this, and it looks like il have to wait another.. not very satisfied with my experience with Radon or bikediscount.de so far. Cry

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 7:13 Quote
JohanNorway wrote:

Radon has offered me a new frame, and 100EUR compensation so i can have my parts swapped at a bike shop

Seems reasonable to me. Either way you'd have to wait.

Is it definitely a crack or just paint?

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 7:34 Quote
I'd say that was pretty good service to be fair. It's always disappointing when a new bike has damage, but I'd say that was a reasonable response and also amount of compensation. How do you know it'll cost more than 100 euros? Can't you swap most if it over yourself?

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
Vulhelm wrote:
JohanNorway wrote:

Radon has offered me a new frame, and 100EUR compensation so i can have my parts swapped at a bike shop

Seems reasonable to me. Either way you'd have to wait.

Is it definitely a crack or just paint?

Definite crack. Its not fair to buy a bike, wait a month, have it arive damaged, and have to wait another month.

I would let that customer return the bike to make him satisfied, or as i suggested return and buy a different bike. Wich they Said No to. Compensation yeah ok 100€ but only if i swap the parts at a bike shop to cover the cost. This is a brand New bike, this should not happen. They should componsate better for the wait.. i dont care how, just show some effort towards the customer, Express shipping? No not possible, BS!

Posted: May 30, 2019 at 9:15 Quote
mulv1976 wrote:
I'd say that was pretty good service to be fair. It's always disappointing when a new bike has damage, but I'd say that was a reasonable response and also amount of compensation. How do you know it'll cost more than 100 euros? Can't you swap most if it over yourself?

If i do it my self i wont be componsated..

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013916
Mobile Version of Website