Mondraker Owners Thread

PB Forum :: Other
Mondraker Owners Thread
Posted: Oct 10, 2020 at 1:15 Quote
Nicholasrandall wrote:
I have a 2018 Dune XR with a 170mm F36. I was thinking about lowering the fork to 160mm to see how it rides. Any thoughts, or have any of you all ridden a Dune with a 160mm. I just removed the DHX2 and installed an X2 because I was sick and tired of bottoming out on everything. And yes, I tried a few different weight coils and also the MRP progressive coil, and nothing would keep that bike from bottoming out.
I’ve got a 2017 dune with a 160mm lyrik and it rides just fine , am thinking of bringing it up to 170mm and fitting a 1.5 degree angleset to go full monster truck !

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 0:56 Quote
jumunky wrote:
Bottlerocketeur wrote:
Here is my bike with some latest upgrade :

- EXT Storia in the back to replace the Fox Float X : so much better ! more capable in rough terrain and I can hit bit stuff in the bikepark without any worry.
- Magura MT7 : it saves me a lot a energy in the hands compared to the Sram Guide RS.

I'm having so much fun with the mullet Big Grin

photo

How is the bike as a mullet? Is the BB not too high? I have the same bike and was thinking to change to 29er Foxy R.

Thanks man

John

The bike is even more fun with the mullet, I went from 160 to 150mm with the fork and slackered the head angle with the geometry kit to balance the BB height and it's perfect.

Posted: Oct 12, 2020 at 9:30 Quote
Bottlerocketeur wrote:
jumunky wrote:
Bottlerocketeur wrote:
Here is my bike with some latest upgrade :

- EXT Storia in the back to replace the Fox Float X : so much better ! more capable in rough terrain and I can hit bit stuff in the bikepark without any worry.
- Magura MT7 : it saves me a lot a energy in the hands compared to the Sram Guide RS.

I'm having so much fun with the mullet Big Grin

photo

How is the bike as a mullet? Is the BB not too high? I have the same bike and was thinking to change to 29er Foxy R.

Thanks man

John

The bike is even more fun with the mullet, I went from 160 to 150mm with the fork and slackered the head angle with the geometry kit to balance the BB height and it's perfect.

Interesting, I thought the BB would be too high even with dropping forks. I am interested to try with my Summum carbon, but I dont see how you can use offset bushings as they bushings are tapered, so BB is going to be around 8mm higher (or 5mm higher with offset BB).

Posted: Oct 19, 2020 at 2:44 Quote
I'm also riding my Foxy 2015 as a mullet. 27.5 up front and 26 rear. Haven't tried it with 27.5 at the rear yet, since it so much fun and I haven't had it for so long. It's low and slack, for sure, but very fast and easy to steer around the bends. Feels very playful with this setup .

photo

Posted: Dec 24, 2020 at 9:03 Quote
Hello All,

I've a 2010 Dune and been looking at finay getting a dropper post. I noticed there's a gap at the bottom of the seat tube that could take a cable housing, had anyone else already done this?

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 1:59 Quote
Hello guys i jave a 2015 foxy with a broken rear triangle any ideas where i could get a replacement

Posted: Jan 3, 2021 at 8:37 Quote
MiniSeabs wrote:
Hello guys i jave a 2015 foxy with a broken rear triangle any ideas where i could get a replacement
Uk ? Phone silverfish

Posted: Jan 4, 2021 at 6:08 Quote
Hi guys i got a 2018 dune r al, what rear shock can i change to? Currently on a dpx2.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 5:15 Quote
dhmatty wrote:
Hello All,

I've a 2010 Dune and been looking at finay getting a dropper post. I noticed there's a gap at the bottom of the seat tube that could take a cable housing, had anyone else already done this?
Hi. Done this on my Foxy. No problem at all.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 5:17 Quote
Jonas-ong wrote:
Hi guys i got a 2018 dune r al, what rear shock can i change to? Currently on a dpx2.

I'm riding a Manitou McLeod on my Foxy 2015 and love it. Really plush.

Posted: Jan 8, 2021 at 7:05 Quote
Anyone had any issues with cracking around the bottom bracket on the newest/last version Dune carbons ?

Posted: Jan 9, 2021 at 9:23 Quote
Hey guys, has anyone switched from a Dune R 650b to a Foxy R 29er? Wondering the pros and cons.

I enjoy riding the Dune, but wondering if Foxy will be fun also, faster and making slow, rock gardens more flowing (common in Sweden). But worried that the Foxy could be will be less fun descenting, less active etc. I like riding quite aggressive.

I've never ridden a Mond 29er, only a very short ride on Trek Slash 29er and a V10 29er (I also have a Summum carbon)

Thanks!

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 4:59 Quote
jumunky wrote:
Hey guys, has anyone switched from a Dune R 650b to a Foxy R 29er? Wondering the pros and cons.

I enjoy riding the Dune, but wondering if Foxy will be fun also, faster and making slow, rock gardens more flowing (common in Sweden). But worried that the Foxy could be will be less fun descenting, less active etc. I like riding quite aggressive.

I've never ridden a Mond 29er, only a very short ride on Trek Slash 29er and a V10 29er (I also have a Summum carbon)

Thanks!
The Foxy can always be set up as mullet. That will help the fun-factor :-)

O+
Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 17:09 Quote
Hi-my kid rides a small 2019 Dune R but the 100mm on/off dropper post isn't working very well and we want to get her more travel, as you'd want on a serious enduro rig. Any recommendations on a dropper post that would fit the tight space that Mondraker has due to the shock placement that would give her 125mm travel at least?
thanks.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.014297
Mobile Version of Website