YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
YT Jeffsy 27 thread - small wheels only...
FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 7:30 Quote
Can anyone guide me to a proper spec sheet for Jeffry 27? All the details of shock length and stroke, hub details, spec'd with tubes or set up tubeless? Things like that are pretty hard to find, any help is appreciated.

My 2 cents on AL Two vs. One, I ordered the Two on price alone, converting to a 1x right away and will be making upgrades over the next two years anyway. For the the extra $ for the One wasn't worth what you get aside from the awesome red colour. I This will be a project bike and I'd like to run a 160mm fork sooner than later and probably a shock upgrade too. Super excited even though I have to wait till the end of May to get it Frown

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 8:41 Quote
map-guy wrote:
Can anyone guide me to a proper spec sheet for Jeffry 27? All the details of shock length and stroke, hub details, spec'd with tubes or set up tubeless? Things like that are pretty hard to find, any help is appreciated.

My 2 cents on AL Two vs. One, I ordered the Two on price alone, converting to a 1x right away and will be making upgrades over the next two years anyway. For the the extra $ for the One wasn't worth what you get aside from the awesome red colour. I This will be a project bike and I'd like to run a 160mm fork sooner than later and probably a shock upgrade too. Super excited even though I have to wait till the end of May to get it Frown

Something like this, it doesn't specify wheel axle size though
https://ytmedia.azureedge.net/pdf/304_JEFFSY_27_AL-Technical_Information_BOM-Customer.pdf

It at the bottom of the YT Jeffsy page.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 10:46 Quote
sornyy wrote:
@ronnikn You changed the rear derailleur too? Because its speced as 2x11 and there is a 1x11 GX rear derailleur too..?

No I didn't change the derailleur.
The 1x version has som more technologies but other then that I dont know the difference between the 1x and 2x version.
They both have "ROLLER BEARING CLUTCH" to prevent derailleur bounce and chain slap are eliminated.
As long You use a Narrow/Wide chainring I don't see there should be af problem. For now I have not drop the chain and if it becomes a problem I just put on a chain guide.

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 10:57 Quote
map-guy wrote:

Just in case You havn't noticed.

You can click on the litte "+" under each component in the spec part on the webpage.
Theres a little more info and also a link to a manual.

FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 11:53 Quote
Ahhh thanks guys! Didn't notice that at all on my mobile. Do you think it's possible to request right hand lever dropper post? Are they open to these kind of questions or do you just get what you get?

Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 12:06 Quote
map-guy wrote:
Ahhh thanks guys! Didn't notice that at all on my mobile. Do you think it's possible to request right hand lever dropper post? Are they open to these kind of questions or do you just get what you get?

According to their FAQ, No!

"5. CAN I REQUEST MODIFICATIONS TO THE BIKE I WANT TO BUY?

We sell the bikes exclusively as presented on our website. Unfortunately, modifications or special build requests are not possible."

But You could give it a try....

FL
Posted: Apr 9, 2017 at 14:57 Quote
Thanks ronnikn, I imagine they would buy their components by the lot, as in 500 right handed Reverbs. But I'll ask, can't hurt.

Posted: Apr 10, 2017 at 14:16 Quote
anyone know if they ever got the thirstmaster bottle issues sorted? I think i saw somewhere on the other thread that you can find bottles/cages small enough to fit anyway but would be nice to have the YT set!

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 0:45 Quote
I did my first ride with the Thirstmaster installed (jeffsy 29er) yesterday, and had zero problems. While I don't ride super hard, there were a couple of short enduro-style downhill rock gardens, and the bottle stayed put. That was only one ride, but it seems mine won't be dropping on every bump.

Some people have secured the bottle with velcro or rubber band. Adding some king of grippy foam inside the holder might work too.

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 9:14 Quote
Has anyone rode the 29 Jeffsy and the 27?
If so, does the 27 inherit all the great aspects of the bigger wheeled version or is it more like another bike but sharing the same name?

Posted: Apr 11, 2017 at 16:41 Quote
The guys from enduro-mtb mag compared the 29er to the 27er. Here is the link: http://enduro-mtb.com/en/yt-jeffsy-27-first-ride-details-riding-impressions/3/

No idea if its ok in pinkbike forum to link to other mags though Wink

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 8:26 Quote
I've sold the necessary other sports toys and now have the money in bank waiting to drop on a CF One. Alternatively a canyon spectral AL 7.0 EX. I've ridden the canyon and loved it and actually reserved an order (that can still be cancelled) but i'm waiting for the YT demo at Swinley because on paper i'm sure the Jeffsy is the better suited bike.

Few questions for current owners. First off, Black or Black/White. Can't decide!! Black looks cooler but i'm worried long term it will get boring. The black/white isn't particularly striking either. I couldn't help noticing when I looked at second hand bikes the colorful ones looked less dated than the same age but plain black. (A plus for the bright red spectral)

Secondly, how long from actually ordering does it take to get one, even if it says in stock. I've heard horror stories about long waits (with Canyon & YT) and I just can't be arsed with that. The Canyon is ready to ship as soon as I pay the invoice but equally I could just click to order the YT now. What I don't want to do is wait the 3 weeks for the YT demo at Swinley then go to order it and then find I have to wait another month for it arrive.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 8:39 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
I've sold the necessary other sports toys and now have the money in bank waiting to drop on a CF One. Alternatively a canyon spectral AL 7.0 EX. I've ridden the canyon and loved it and actually reserved an order (that can still be cancelled) but i'm waiting for the YT demo at Swinley because on paper i'm sure the Jeffsy is the better suited bike.

Few questions for current owners. First off, Black or Black/White. Can't decide!! Black looks cooler but i'm worried long term it will get boring. The black/white isn't particularly striking either. I couldn't help noticing when I looked at second hand bikes the colorful ones looked less dated than the same age but plain black. (A plus for the bright red spectral)

Secondly, how long from actually ordering does it take to get one, even if it says in stock. I've heard horror stories about long waits (with Canyon & YT) and I just can't be arsed with that. The Canyon is ready to ship as soon as I pay the invoice but equally I could just click to order the YT now. What I don't want to do is wait the 3 weeks for the YT demo at Swinley then go to order it and then find I have to wait another month for it arrive.

Colour wise get the black imo, I personally think the coloured ones date more but its down to personal choice, as for the Canyon, its a good bike from what i've heard but the Jeffsy is a great bike and its full carbon so hard to compare, one thing you have to be aware of is that there is a good chance that your chosen bike will be out of stock by the time you demo the YT, plus when you order an in stock bike it usually comes to your door 12 days from when you receive payment confirmation. Hope this helps.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 8:55 Quote
I wonder if YT do the same thing that once you've ordered it it's essentially yours and reserved until you pay for it for shipping. That's what canyon do if you select the pay later option. Do you know if YT do the same? If so i'll order now and then decide after the demo day.

Posted: Apr 12, 2017 at 9:04 Quote
Spangle123 wrote:
I wonder if YT do the same thing that once you've ordered it it's essentially yours and reserved until you pay for it for shipping. That's what canyon do if you select the pay later option. Do you know if YT do the same? If so i'll order now and then decide after the demo day.
You can order it through YT, then in a couple of days you will get an invoice with the bank details (UK to UK bank now) but you get 21 days to pay it before you get a reminder, so basically it guarantees you will get the bike and you can also cancel the order or return it once delivered.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.029914
Mobile Version of Website