Florida dirt jumps/skate parks

PB Forum :: USA - East
Florida dirt jumps/skate parks
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2017 at 20:15 Quote
I feel that Florida is last on the list for good places to ride. All the skateparks in tampa/central Florida lack anything remotely like a box jump, and forget a foam pit. The county skate parks in hillsborough county(tampa) don't allow bikes,except privately owned SPOT. Santos in Ocala has jumps, Grapefruit in Palm Bay(east coast), and Markham in Miami ish aka south Florida. Tom brown park in Tallahassee had jumps but were plowed because the city said they were too hard for them to maintain, after I know a few guys work their asses off trying to make that happen. I know we have some singletack trails for MTB, and for the Flat ass state I live in people have done well. When you compare it to other places in the US we really have a gnat fart of riding. Being that we are the vacation capital of the world you would think we would have more. Where do you guys ride? Any upcoming area plans you know of?

Posted: May 23, 2017 at 10:42 Quote
I mainly ride the West Palm and juliter area. Nothing really for jumps except the small ones at JD.

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 18:52 Quote
Hey Blwn, I live in Davie, Fl about 2 miles from Markham park and that is my main venue. There are a couple of other parks but they pale in comparison as Marham Park has a wide array of trails from beginner to the heart pounding double red diamond "Gun Range" trail. Markham Park is by far the most technical with Oletta Park in North Miami coming in a distant second. Third place would be Amelia Earhart Park in Hialeah which is less challenging but a much faster park with a couple jumos which can be fun and has a pump track. Last is Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach which is only challenging if you are not prepared to ride in soft unpacked sand, a good ride to get the blood pumping but not technical by any means. Been looking for another challenge, maybe a trail through the Everglades if anyone knows.

Posted: Aug 23, 2017 at 9:57 Quote
Hey whats up, I live in Dunedin (Clearwater area) and I know exactly what you're talking about with Florida. I've ridden my whole life and this state is crap for good spots. I hit up Santos regularly and also ride a bit of moto. IMO Santos is as good as it gets in this state unless you're fortunate enough to know somebody with land and private jumps. I've lived in CA and MD so I know what good spots look like.

Anyway, today I ordered on of these puppies https://www.freshpark.com/ramps/bike-ramps/quarter-pipe.html

I do a lot of riding every day around town.. what I call urban trail riding.. I have some spots all over town that are jumpable but there are a ton more spots with huge downhills (landing slopes) where I have always imagined bringing a 4-foot launch ramp to jump into. Places like big dry retention ponds can usually be launched into with big air.

Here is a photo of essentially the sort of spots I am talking about

https://twitter.com/SpottedMarley/status/765959539686596608

That ramp is small.. only 2-foot..

So this new ramp I bought will fit nicely in the back of my truck with my bike. I plan on scouting far and wide for awesome places to set it up and do big airs and tricks. I want to do some gorilla video edits this way.

I'm looking for any serious riders who think this sounds like fun or have some better ideas.

I ride a Deity Cryptkeeper V3 DJ Hardtail but I will ride with anybody who loves riding.

Riders hit me up!

Peece

Posted: Sep 30, 2017 at 2:40 Quote
When I think of jumps in Florida my mind goes to Grapefruit trail in Palm Bay or Santos. Big fan of both and are legit DJ. I mainly ride "The Fort" Pierce trail that is maintained by Airborne. By far the most techy in the area where I live. Not as long as many other trails but will catch you out for sure if you don't keep an eye on it. "JD" aka Jonathan Dickenson State park in Jupiter is second with more miles of trail and they just added some nice rock features to ride through.

Posted: Feb 1, 2018 at 11:14 Quote
Been trail riding for years in Florida and have always wanted to get a DJ for Santos or urban cruising/hoonigan stuff. Recently really started to learn more about building up a DJ and plan on going through with it hopefully by the end of March. Tampabmx in lake park has a decent track to ride also.

O+
Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 8:55 Quote
Recently started bringing Chuck Lennon's dirt jump line back to life. I've put almost 100hrs in over the past 4 months. If anyone is in the area, I would love to get some more people to dig and collab on ideas etc. Out there every weekend to dig and session. Not a lot of people know of these jumps near Deleon Springs so i'm trying to get the word out. If you or anyone you know lives in Volusia county and are interested in helping out shoot me a message or reply to the post. The place has a good amount of potential, could use a few more hands though.

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2019 at 17:04 Quote
Daveman22 wrote:
Recently started bringing Chuck Lennon's dirt jump line back to life. I've put almost 100hrs in over the past 4 months. If anyone is in the area, I would love to get some more people to dig and collab on ideas etc. Out there every weekend to dig and session. Not a lot of people know of these jumps near Deleon Springs so i'm trying to get the word out. If you or anyone you know lives in Volusia county and are interested in helping out shoot me a message or reply to the post. The place has a good amount of potential, could use a few more hands though.
are you on Facebook or Instagram?

O+
Posted: Apr 25, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
I have a Facebook but never use it. Thinking about getting an instagram for MTB and shit. If you want to get in contact I can give you my number. My guys that help have the socials if you need it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011600
Mobile Version of Website