Full slx or full deore xt

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Full slx or full deore xt
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
FL
Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 14:54 Quote
Hey! im changing my tektro brakes and the old 3x9 system. I can get the full slx (brakes, and 1x11 system) for $480 or i can pay $630 and geel the full deore xt build (brakes and 1x11 system), is it worth the $150 extra or there is not too much diference? Thanks and greetings from Chile!

Mod
Posted: Jun 3, 2017 at 15:10 Quote
acorreao wrote:
Hey! im changing my tektro brakes and the old 3x9 system. I can get the full slx (brakes, and 1x11 system) for $480 or i can pay $630 and geel the full deore xt build (brakes and 1x11 system), is it worth the $150 extra or there is not too much diference? Thanks and greetings from Chile!

Personally I'd go for the SLX, but if you want to save a little weight (and you ride more xc) then maybe pay the extra for XT.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 0:16 Quote
xt shifters are noticeably better everything else isnt

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 0:38 Quote
almostwise wrote:
acorreao wrote:

Personally I'd go for the SLX, but if you want to save a little weight (and you ride more xc) then maybe pay the extra for XT.

I had no idea that XT is more "XC" than SLX.

Mod
Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 1:35 Quote
abtcup wrote:
almostwise wrote:
acorreao wrote:

I had no idea that XT is more "XC" than SLX.
It's not other than being a little lighter and more expensive...so if you're riding more jumpy trails etc where you're more likely to bail more often, it's cheaper to replace breakages.

Posted: Jun 4, 2017 at 21:00 Quote
I came back to this thread several times because something didn't seem right but I couldn't figure out what it was. Now I see.

Chain reaction has the entire XT groupset for 460$.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/us/en/shimano-xt-1x11-drivetrain-groupset/rp-prod137311

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010834
Mobile Version of Website