Anyone buy parts straight from wholesale stores in asia ?

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Anyone buy parts straight from wholesale stores in asia ?
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 3:07 Quote
Most stuff is built in the far east now anyway, but alot of companies dont want you to realise this fact..

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 3:56 Quote
Last year on my kona I bought full SRAM X9 drive train kit for a good price but the shipping was fast !!!

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 5:48 Quote
I buy my airsoft stuff from Asian wholesalers, they don't really care. Bike wise, never tried it, one of my regular customers bought a brand new BeOne team carbon frame from thailand for £300 inc tax!

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 8:14 Quote
Someone is selling FAKE specialized Tarmac frames on the internet. People have been buying then and they have been snapping like twigs.

It most likely is the real stuff, this happens in every industry. The manufacturer tells the factory to made 1000 unit of something. The workers will then make 1200 units of it, then dump it into a truck and get it out of there.

I remember coming across a frame maker, it was funny to see how many Bike companies just picked a frame out of a Catalog and had them made. Frames were cheap, it was neat to look at.

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 8:18 Quote
Those specialized frames will be made by the proper factory but I'll bet you they are Q.C. rejects..

Posted: Mar 20, 2008 at 8:31 Quote
They are not QC rejects, they are being made by someone else. Specialized still serializes there rejects. These bikes have no serial numbers on them anywhere.

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 23:52 Quote
does anyone else think this looks like a specializedUnsecure image, only https images allowed: http://210.241.128.64/downloads/pictures/2008022608095833046/4105_L.jpg

Posted: Mar 21, 2008 at 23:55 Quote
looks like a stumpjumper or enduro but then i noticed that the linkage is different

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 5:16 Quote
it looks like the new pitch, apart from the BB pivot?

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 5:29 Quote
bonfire wrote:
They are not QC rejects, they are being made by someone else. Specialized still serializes there rejects. These bikes have no serial numbers on them anywhere.

I dont think you understand how things work in some of these Chinese and Taiwanese factories Smile Loads of stuff goes out the back door, it happens in all sorts of different industries..

A big brand will have a run of units made and they will have HIGH QC standards.. If they reject a large batch the factory wont want to lose the revenue so stuff goes out the back door.

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 12:20 Quote
Sorry but i was very busy. OK to make the story short no Taiwan's company will sell you 2007-2008 parts you can forget about any new part for 07-08 ! 2nd you have to know what you are looking for, if you are looking lets say for carbon parts Email Companys that only work with carbon and ask them that you are looking for high end bike parts and if they can help you out. Ask for free item they will send you one or two just to see a quality, ask them all the questions like you will buy a new car from Warranty to Tax`s, shipping etc. I send out easy 40-50 emails Smile before i did buy any large quantity's. Someone post in here that they sell rejected parts that no one wants? maybe they do in my case that did not happen i got my items as BULK no OEM boxes just like the bike factory's get them in OEM plastic with part numbers on the stickers and all parts are from 2002-06 in my case. Dont be afraid you dont risk any thing by sending out E-mails and asking for the price list Smile if the price list look OK ask them to ship you a free item! ask the price for 5-items / 10 / 20 etc. and dont E-mail SRAM or Marzacchi because they will not talk to you Smile you are to small for them they will send you to local wholesaler, you have to find who is making the parts for them and have a OLD STOCK from 2 years or so .. Dont wait till someone will give you any buying leads! no ne gave me an Email, it took me 2 months from Googles to Emials! Computer is a very powerful weapon today you can find any thing on Googles dont wait till someone will knock to the door and gave you a buying leads on the gold plate! dont work that way Smile
http://www.asiannet.com/companies/760/Bicycle_Parts.html

Posted: Mar 22, 2008 at 20:51 Quote
I know perfectly well what is going on in these factories, I have actually been to some of these factories (not the specialized but other brands),which I want to say that they are overruns. Every bike that Specialized makes whether or not it is a QC reject or not receives a serial number, if it ever enters the system. Therefor these bikes never even got to the QC checkpoint.

Although funny how Specialized talks a tall game about their quality control, we have a 2008 Specialized Tarmac SL2 S-works. Roughly a $10,000 bike sitting in our basement because of a 4cent rivet.

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 8:42 Quote
Hey Guys,

I am chinese works for bike parts company, yes, in our city, every factory produce some parts of the bike, only one factory assembly it. like Merida , one produce chain, one produce frame...etc

we are selling Augumented Glass and normal riding glasses, race clothing . small order and customized are welcomed.

someone interrested it, leave message to me or skype to me , my ID HI.SZANDY

Ciao

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014180
Mobile Version of Website