XXL Bike Search ! HELP !

• Next Page
Posted: Jul 22, 2017 at 0:52 Quote
Im 6,3 and ride a Xl reign with 35mm stem. And if you don't mined chromoly you can always get a Starling cycles as they make it custom to you.

#steelisreal

http://www.starlingcycles.com/

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 10:21 Quote
I know the largest they do is a large but I have the medium and it is way bigger that my old large
Whyte g160 (or the new g170)
A: Head Angle (degrees): 66
B: Seat Angle (degrees): 74.3
C: Top Tube (mm): 655.9
D: BB Height (mm): 340.5
E: Stand Over (mm): 820.5
F: Wheelbase (mm): 1231.7
G: Chain Stay (mm): 425
H: Seat Post (mm): 30.9
I: Head Tube (mm): 120
J: Seat Tube (mm): 457.2
Stack: 616
Reach: 495

Posted: Jul 23, 2017 at 14:21 Quote
tdbaugha wrote:
I'd get an XL Patrol. I'm 6-3 and up in Kalispell. I ride an XL Jeffsy 29. I have 35 inseam so I know the struggles with find a good fit. Patrol has 483mm reach and 641 TT. That's about as good as it gets for bikes available right now. Or wait for the Sentinel or Orbea Rallon. XL Jeffsy 27 is an option too, but it's a bit smaller. It has a 480mm reach and 648 TT. You want the steepest seat tube possible for a good pedaling position. That basically rules out a Hightower LT.

There was a sweet XL Patrol in Spokane a couple weeks ago on craigslist...

I'm 6'5"-6" witha 36" inseam and bought the aforementioned sweet xl patrol in spokane. I run it with a 50mm stem and 800mm bars and 170mm reverb its not bad, worlds better than my giant trance. Might go for a 60-70mm stem in the future but it's a solid fit for a big fella. Also nice if you're not crazy about the wagon wheels, the patrol feels a bit livelier and comfier than the wreckoning I demo'd this spring.

Posted: Jul 24, 2017 at 15:01 Quote
I would go for the transition smuggler, it's very bike park orientated and in XL is nicely stretched out. I'd be surprised if there was a better all round bike out there.

Posted: Jul 26, 2017 at 14:51 Quote
6ft7 here and after a search and changing frames every 6 months finally settled on a Stumpjumper 16 29er XXL. Easily capable of park riding as can be seen by Keene/Graves etc. I am running mine with coil Pikes and an Ohlins TTX, thing is awesome, have taken it off some sizeable jumps/drops. I looked at the Guerilla Trail Pistol too but my shock wouldn't fit so thinking about just getting another Stumpy frame at the start of next season. I didn't find XXL Liteville big enough or Transition for all day riding but it seems that other tall people above do. Few options though.

O+
Posted: Jul 27, 2017 at 8:32 Quote
I'm 6' 9" and ride a XXL Stumpjumper with a long stem. I don't have much to compare to because I never have the opportunity to demo other bikes. I'll probably get a custom frame made some day.

Posted: Jul 28, 2017 at 16:37 Quote
I know I mentioned the smuggler in the above post, but I just picked up a Kona Process 111 29er XL and recommend you add it to the list, I have had one ride on it so far and it fits really good out of the box, coming from an XL trance.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014163
Mobile Version of Website