• Next Page
Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 14:19 Quote
29ers are trash so now tell me why they are not

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 14:53 Quote
Those are fighting words

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 17:11 Quote
Cause a guy who rides a 29er can FYB

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
The only advantages are overcoming larger rocks, roots, and boulders - which means they aren't needed for flowy park riding. I believe they do climb better, and they should fit larger users better. I still won't get one, 26'' & 27.5'' is ideal.

Posted: Oct 2, 2017 at 23:47 Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km67fjE8DqE
Gary Fisher and The 29ers

29 is nice. I expect 32 to be much more common (once again) over the next 20 years.

Lots of people fear change and 26" has been "good enough" for so long that there's still some resistance to overcome.

I'm really enjoying 29ers.

Posted: Oct 15, 2017 at 18:04 Quote
Being a Newb here and having jumped from a 26" hard-tail to a 2016 Evil following 29er, That 26'er is as good as trash, i will never ride that thing again. Being from New England the trails are mainly tight and twisty with roots an rocks galore, there hasnt been one time where i thought... "oh i wish i had my 26'er" The Evil just plows over everything and it makes me pedal harder so i can go faster, it boosted my confidence like i never thought. Im sure a large part of that has to do with the geometry, which is exactly why 29ers are making a comeback.
These hardcore 26" lovers are just attached to their childhood memories, let it go, 26ers were great and still are fun to ride, but they wont perform like a 29er, no way. Change can be a scary thing.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 13:31 Quote
29ers are not trash. I just finished my 3rd season of enduro racing on a 29er. I will note that I am 6'4' and that the bigger frames that go with the bigger wheels tend to help me stay comfortable on my longer rides. I have taken out plenty of 27.5" enduro bikes over the past years to see how they compare, and in general, they do corner better, but just don't carry speed the same way and are way less forgiving when you get into technical rock gardens. I love my Niner RIP9 RDO, It is everything I could ask for in a bike, and then some. It is my first carbon bike in over 10 years of riding. Much more efficient, fun, and comfortable than a Specialized Enduro, or Santa Cruz Nomad if you ask me.

Hate all you want, 29er's are fast, and capable machines.
photo

Niner RIP9 RDO

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 16:15 Quote
the thing with a 29 is the big wheels roll over stuff so much smoother that it means that a 29er 140/150 bike will ride the same terrain as a 27.5 160\170 bike but a lot more efficiently and also pedal a damn site better and usually a tad lighter so its more of an all round package for all types of trials.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 18:00 Quote
silverfox101010 wrote:
the thing with a 29 is the big wheels roll over stuff so much smoother that it means that a 29er 140/150 bike will ride the same terrain as a 27.5 160\170 bike but a lot more efficiently and also pedal a damn site better and usually a tad lighter so its more of an all round package for all types of trials.

You cant argue with physics.
The problem is 27.5 lovers are sticking to the notion that 29ers are the same as they were 10yrs earlier to make themselves believe that "29ers still suck", far from it. Considering today's geometry, 29ers are making a bigger comeback. Who doesn't want a more maneuverable platform with wheels that roll better all around.
Seriously, it sounds like a bunch of immature teenagers arguing about who's team is better..
"Your team sux...No yours does" when clearly one of the teams is better.
Speed wins races, 29ers are faster. You can be sloppy as hell on a 29er and maybe still pull of a win.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 18:15 Quote
rkwjunior wrote:
Being a Newb here and having jumped from a 26" hard-tail to a 2016 Evil following 29er, That 26'er is as good as trash, i will never ride that thing again. Being from New England the trails are mainly tight and twisty with roots an rocks galore, there hasnt been one time where i thought... "oh i wish i had my 26'er" The Evil just plows over everything and it makes me pedal harder so i can go faster, it boosted my confidence like i never thought. Im sure a large part of that has to do with the geometry, which is exactly why 29ers are making a comeback.
These hardcore 26" lovers are just attached to their childhood memories, let it go, 26ers were great and still are fun to ride, but they wont perform like a 29er, no way. Change can be a scary thing.

26er is better for park and downhill. Why do you think rampage still uses them? and slopestyle and dj use them.
maybe your XC is so boring you have to get a big wheel to compensate.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 18:54 Quote
False wrote:
rkwjunior wrote:

26er is better for park and downhill. Why do you think rampage still uses them? and slope-style and dj use them.
maybe your XC is so boring you have to get a big wheel to compensate.

Wait a minute...xc needs 29 cuz its boring?lol I thought small wheel lovers claimed 29ers were boring cuz they are "slow and sluggish" It Has nothing to do with boring, its faster, faster wins races.

Honestly for park its great for samller wheels, its based on tricks. so obviously tricks will be easier, and the same with rampage. Downhillers honestly need to change it up, going downhill as fast as possible over the nastiest shit possible is the 29ers fortay. I saw interviews with downhillers, when asked why they dont use 29ers they gave the impression they didn't want their friends laughing at them. I think there is to much emotional attachment to wheels size differences and not much science and reality.

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 19:02 Quote
I'll leave this right here...

http://reviews.mtbr.com/are-29-wheels-the-future-of-downhill

And this

https://www.outsideonline.com/2187766/best-new-downhill-mountain-bikes-now-have-29er-wheels

Posted: Oct 31, 2017 at 3:47 Quote
Isn’t it funny and sad at same time how the op has gone all quiet.
Obvs a kid with no real world experience of them.

Yeah glwt fool!

Posted: Mar 25, 2018 at 4:06 Quote
The 29er climbs hills so much easier as well as being a breeze to ride over roots, rocks and very slippery section.
Depending on the type of riding you like to do will depend on if you like the 29ers or not.
I do a bit of everything so this size is perfect.

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
The only reason i would want to have a 26” (or 275 now) is for dirt jumps/pumptrack, the 29 wheels and longer wheelbases dont feel great for those things.
otherwise, i dont see a reason not to have a faster bike in literally every other discipline. Not even just for racing applications, but going fast is fun anyways and not only do 29ers hold their speed better, but their long wheelbases hold stability at faster speeds too.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012794
Mobile Version of Website