Jeffsy, Django, or Camber 29er?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Jeffsy, Django, or Camber 29er?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 8:03 Quote
Jeffsy, Django, or Camber

I think I have narrowed down my options and looking for some comparisons, feedback, and practical reasons to buy one over the other.

I would be buying each brands GX or XT specs. level.

I just want a good all around XC to Trail bike that handles and pedals well that I will enjoy on long rides. I ride Southeast type terrain which is a little bit of everything...dry mostly, hard pack most of the time, roots, rocks, and more single track than flow trail.

Thanks for the help.

Posted: Nov 8, 2017 at 13:55 Quote
27.5 or 29”?

Seems you’ve got two questions to answer. Pure trail or more aggressive/longish travel trail bike? Then carbon or Al. Honestly, I’d have the decision down to the Jeffsy or the Django, and then answer the question.

It seems likely that you’re looking at the Jeffsy 29 AL2, Devinci Django GX, and the Camber comp 29.

First, the Jeffsy is a 150/150 travel bike, the other two are in the range of 120-130mm. So either that extra travel is a plus, or it’s not. You mention that you’re looking for an “XC to Trail” bike, which implies that extra travel and aggressive design may actually be more of a hinderance than a help. I ride a Carbon Jeffsy, I love it, but wouldn’t want to ride pure XC on it.

Jeffsy has a Pike, Django has a Fox Elite.

Jeffsy is Al, Django looks to be Carbon.

Jeffsy has a more slack geometry and a flip chip. Django is still somewhat slack, but steeper than Jeffsy, no flip chip.

Camber has a weird combo of SRAM and Shimano, and runs a RS Reba, which is a 32mm XC fork. I’d rather have the Pike (35mm or Fox elite 34mm (with a preference for the Pike). I’d personally eliminate the Camber from my list right there.

So I’d base my decision on the suspension, Frame material, and to a lesser extent, the travel/geometry.

I don’t think you can make a wrong choice here though.

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 11:20 Quote
29er and Carbon...should have specified that

New Niner Jet is probably one along these lines too that seems to be a decent value, but doesn't seem to get PR love.

Hearing that you wouldn't ride the Jeffsy for XC/Trail combo is very helpful. Thank you...

Would love to hear other thoughts...

Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 12:01 Quote
OakMountainEpic wrote:
29er and Carbon...should have specified that

New Niner Jet is probably one along these lines too that seems to be a decent value, but doesn't seem to get PR love.

Hearing that you wouldn't ride the Jeffsy for XC/Trail combo is very helpful. Thank you...

Would love to hear other thoughts...

I’d ride it for trail, and I do ride XC trails from time to time with it. But I typically ride Utah trails, they can be steep and gnarly, so the aggressive geo and extra travel are welcomed. If I lived somewhere flatter, or rode less steep terrain I’d be riding something else.

Also, if I was buying a bike for XC primarily, there are other bikes I’d choose. The Niner is a good choice for a trail worthy bike from a brand that typically leans XC.

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 14:55 Quote
Debinci life time warranty.great costomer service i.d look at the troy also especially with plus rubber 2.6 minimon

Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 15:13 Quote
I got myself a Camber Expert Carbon 29er this past August. I race XC in the spring but I wanted something that could handle more aggressive riding as well. The Expert model has GX Eagle, a Fox 34 Performance fork, and carbon wheels. It's been almost flawless so far, climbs well but is built to take some abuse. All the parts still run smooth around 800 miles later, no complaints!

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 15:19 Quote
Django all day every day. And yes the Django has a flip chip with either Hi or Low Geometry

O+
Posted: Dec 29, 2017 at 23:38 Quote
I agree with the others in this thread: Jeffsy is the odd one out in your group. Much more aggressive.

I've not ridden the Django but hear great things. I HAVE ridden the Camber a bit though, and it is a straight up trail bike. No uphill or downhill bias at all. And you can get them for cheap.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019410
Mobile Version of Website