2017 S-Works Enduro Flex

PB Forum :: Specialized
2017 S-Works Enduro Flex
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 9, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
Hello All,

I have a 2017 S-Works Enduro 29er. I love the bike but have notice the rear flexes a lot under hard cornering. So much that the brake disc touches the pads and starts to make noises. I am running Roval aluminum wheels and TRP G-Spec brakes and rotors. There is good pad clearance between the pads and rotor. The rear axel is torqued (with a torque wrench) to the Specialized spec for the frame. Do other have this problem? It really the only issue I have with the bike.

Thanks,

Mark

O+
Posted: Nov 19, 2017 at 14:10 Quote
I have the exact same bike and can't say I've noticed that issue. That being said, I'm 140 pounds naked and ride a size medium.

On a side note, I just swapped out the linkage for the 2018 and have it in the low position. It feels great!

Posted: Nov 29, 2017 at 20:29 Quote
maybe the hub bearings are worn out? if they were they would allow a little bit of play in the rear wheel.

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 7:37 Quote
mgs781HD wrote:
Hello All,

I have a 2017 S-Works Enduro 29er. I love the bike but have notice the rear flexes a lot under hard cornering. So much that the brake disc touches the pads and starts to make noises. I am running Roval aluminum wheels and TRP G-Spec brakes and rotors. There is good pad clearance between the pads and rotor. The rear axel is torqued (with a torque wrench) to the Specialized spec for the frame. Do other have this problem? It really the only issue I have with the bike.

Thanks,

Mark

Hey Mark,

I ride a 17 E29 and noticed the Roval Aluminum wheels have some flex. I also run 27.5+ in carbon (Nextie Crocs) and have not noticed any flex.

I've had countless issues with the Hubs on all my Specialized wheels. So far, two rear wheels replaced for different issues. The hubs are Specialized with DT Swiss internals. I'm actually heading to the bike shop today to retrieve a warranty replacement wheel.

Matt

Posted: Jan 26, 2018 at 4:49 Quote
Yeah I'd look to your wheel, this frame is about as rock solid as they come, you might need higher spoke tension, num hub bearings, new rotors or your rims may just not be up to your riding

FL
Posted: Feb 22, 2018 at 2:32 Quote
How does wheel flex translate into brake rub? It would take the frame to flex to allow that to happen surely?

I have a 2018 Enduro Comp 27.5 and I havent noticed any issues like this so far.

Posted: Feb 25, 2018 at 17:44 Quote
headshot wrote:
How does wheel flex translate into brake rub? It would take the frame to flex to allow that to happen surely?

I have a 2018 Enduro Comp 27.5 and I havent noticed any issues like this so far.

How so, your brake rotor is attached to your hub and wheel, if your hub bearings are bad or you have flex in your hub you're obviously gonna get rubbing, The rear end of a carbon enduro is extremely laterally stiff

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015957
Mobile Version of Website