Tr500 with dropper post?

PB Forum :: Transition
Tr500 with dropper post?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Nov 23, 2017 at 14:31 Quote
Anyone ever successfully equip a TR500 with a dropper post?
I'm doing a build and it seems like you would need one with a short total length (under 300mm for size M frame)

FL
Posted: Jan 13, 2018 at 14:13 Quote
No offence but why exactly are you trying to put a dropper on a downhill/free ride bike????

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 19, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
rubenmasi wrote:
No offence but why exactly are you trying to put a dropper on a downhill/free ride bike????

I suspect he is working on his leg strength. climbing with 8" of travel is the new trend!

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2018 at 18:41 Quote
SquattiePippen wrote:
rubenmasi wrote:

I suspect he is working on his leg strength. climbing with 8" of travel is the new trend!

The frame adjusts to 180mm. I'm building it with a single crown fork aswell. The intent is to have a downhill bike that I could somewhat pedal to remote steeps. There's a lot of sweet terrain that can't be accessed by road or lift.

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 11:10 Quote
So how does the tr500 pedal? Thinking about selling the knoly warden for something a bit beefier.

Posted: May 29, 2018 at 0:23 Quote
An E-go kit or a fit dog seem like better ideas. My tr250 pedals like a fat woman. Just saying.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 at 20:21 Quote
I have here the same set up of tr500 with 180mm single crown, i have even now running an sram eagle 50T and very happy for climbing...still looking for a shortest dropper post....anyone can help is highly appreciated

O+
Posted: Nov 25, 2018 at 9:52 Quote
PNW Components makes a dropper called the Cascade in 3 different lengths. I'm 5'11 riding a large TR500 on 200mm with a Fox 40, and I bought the 150mm (Medium size) with the Loam trigger. It's a bit tall for me and I will probably get the 125mm version instead. Reason why is when I'm going down steeps it's a bit too high, and when I'm climbing I don't put it all the way up anyway.
It pedals as expected, not great but I'd rather pedal than push if I can. I'm running full XT 11 speed setup 11-42 for now, with 32 front, and looking at the Eagle 50t setup. Do you have any trouble with dropping chains or chainline clearance with the frame to hub?

Halfx wrote:
I have here the same set up of tr500 with 180mm single crown, i have even now running an sram eagle 50T and very happy for climbing...still looking for a shortest dropper post....anyone can help is highly appreciated

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015461
Mobile Version of Website