Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
So I rode the HTLT yesterday on the trails for the first time. Do you guys not feel like you’re positioned way far back over the rear tire? I found it very hard to want to pedal when compared to my jeffsy (but it felt great on the downhills).

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 7:40 Quote
Yeah the STA is too slack. I had to slam my seat forward.

Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 8:32 Quote
Yeah it feels super weird pedaling from so far back. It made it difficult to want to speed up while pedaling in the flats. But it feels great pointed downhill. It may just be me not being used to it yet after only one ride, I’ll give it more time.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2019 at 14:18 Quote
nubbs wrote:
jeremy3220 wrote:
Any experience with X2 vs DPX2 on this bike? I'm thinking of upgrading my DPS. I'm leaning towards the DPX2 since it's primarily a trail bike and even when I take it to the bike park the longest descent is 2100ft in elevation. Also, I think the maintenance intervals on the X2 is much shorter.

Either one is a massive improvement if you ask me. The dps is silly. If you're more set and forget, like a firm lockout feel when you need it, dont fiddle with suspension adjustments a lot, the dpx2 will be fine. An X2 gives you the option to change the overall feel of the rear suspension with the amount of adjustment it has. I really enjoyed my lt with the X2 on it. The bike came alive more for sure, reguardless of terrain or setup.

Any suggestions on a base tune for the X2? I weight 190 lbs. Set up is pretty good right now but looking for a little more pop off hits.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2019 at 5:59 Quote
[Quote="jclaremt"]
nubbs wrote:

Any suggestions on a base tune for the X2? I weight 190 lbs. Set up is pretty good right now but looking for a little more pop off hits.

Increase rebound speed (back off LSR damping), maybe add volume spacers, and probably decrease LSC.

LSC is a bit weird in that as you increase damping from no damping to critical damping it get less lively (literally more damped compression) but past critical and the LSC starts to choke off (like a climb switch) and it starts to feel more rigid which off course has great pop (think bmx). So if you go to a pumptrack and test this you'll probably find you can maintain your pump by either using really high LSC or low LSC but too high also makes the ride harsh.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 12:08 Quote
WTF for the day...
photo
Courtesy of MTBR.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 13:53 Quote
That hurts my soul lol

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 16:12 Quote
Dude that’s dope! Get those bars up for optimal positioning when riding down nearly vertical inclines! Guy must be a straight BEAST!

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 17:37 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
So I rode the HTLT yesterday on the trails for the first time. Do you guys not feel like you’re positioned way far back over the rear tire? I found it very hard to want to pedal when compared to my jeffsy (but it felt great on the downhills).

I went on another ride this morning after adjusting the shock/suspension, the steer tube, stem, bars, etc and the bike felt MUCH better. Still a bit slack of a seat tube angle but nothing near what I had before. My strava times weren't far off from my last YT Jeffsy so I feel far better about this bike today. Very fun and poppy bike.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 19:14 Quote
Here's a shot of the new Megatower:

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/search/?q=Megatower

Where's a Russian hacker when you need one? Anyone else good at passwords?

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 at 20:28 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Here's a shot of the new Megatower:

https://www.pinkbike.com/video/search/?q=Megatower

Where's a Russian hacker when you need one? Anyone else good at passwords?
I guess after all the hype it kinda just looks like I expected. Bet it’s fast.

Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 6:12 Quote
How do you guys post pictures on here lol?

O+
Posted: Mar 15, 2019 at 9:45 Quote
Megatower spotted!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015018
Mobile Version of Website