Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 17:48 Quote
Just to confirm, do Hope 180mm rotors for in the back on a 2019 HT LT? I’ve heard they don’t.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
They do - just have to add a spacer. May also wanna size up to the 200mm which fit better as well.

Posted: Oct 14, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
gmoss wrote:
I don't doubt yours is accurate. That was more rhetorical. LOL I don't trust my weighing method. Haha

Thanks though.

I just need to buck up and get one.

So I brought both scales home from work today. One of the scales goes by .5 lb increments and it was just calibrated by Washington Calibration a few months ago. Our other scale goes by .2 increments and we have not calibrated it in over a year.
That being said, my Park Tools scale says
28 lbs 2 oz.
The calibrated scale says 28 lbs. But because it goes by .5, it can be anywhere between 27 lbs 13 oz and 28 lbs 4 oz and it will still say 28 lbs. Our other scale says 28.2 lbs, so anywhere between 28 lbs 2 oz -5 oz. roughly.
All things considered, I'd guess its between 28 lbs 2 - 3 oz.

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
That’s ridiculously impressive

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 23:15 Quote
I’m gonna need some definitive evidence here though...

Posted: Oct 16, 2019 at 4:06 Quote
It really is. At some point, when I have time, I would like to go thru the details of where the weight difference is coming from. But I need a proper scale first. Haha

I may not be as far off as I think I am. I can easily see about a lb diff, but that should be about it.

Posted: Nov 7, 2019 at 5:13 Quote
On the other end of the scale....

14.5kg as pictured inc. spare tube / co / regulator strapped to the frame

C build in XL with alu cranks / wheels / bars

Love it

photo

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 3:21 Quote
Hi! Can I do 42, 44 or 46 offset with 2018 or 2019 HTLT and 150mm fork. Pros/Cons, if any?

Thanks,

JP

O+
Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 12:00 Quote
Jpmche wrote:
Hi! Can I do 42, 44 or 46 offset with 2018 or 2019 HTLT and 150mm fork. Pros/Cons, if any?

Thanks,

JP

Yeah any of those will work fine. The spec from Santa Cruz is 51mm offset for that bike. If you're trying to run what they spec that is.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
nubbs wrote:
Jpmche wrote:

Thanks,

JP

Yeah any of those will work fine. The spec from Santa Cruz is 51mm offset for that bike. If you're trying to run what they spec that is.

Mine came with a 44mm offset Fox Performance, 2019 HTLT S build.

I am curious as to what moving to a 160mm fork will do to the handling of the bike. Anyone that has made this change care to chime in? I don't want to upset the balance and corner railing ability this bike has. Mainly thinking that if I end up getting a fork for it, I want the orange lowers. LOL I also wonder if the 160 can be turned into a 150...

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
gmoss wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Jpmche wrote:

Thanks,

JP

I am curious as to what moving to a 160mm fork will do to the handling of the bike. Anyone that has made this change care to chime in? I don't want to upset the balance and corner railing ability this bike has. Mainly thinking that if I end up getting a fork for it, I want the orange lowers. LOL I also wonder if the 160 can be turned into a 150...

When I first got me 2018 HTLT the guy had a Fox 36 160mm with 51mm offset fork on it. I felt like the front wheel was a bit too squirly for me around our tight trails here. When I moved to the 150mm 42mm offset fork it make a world of a difference for me. It tightened up the steering and made it far easier to climb hills as well. Unfortunately, since I changed both the travel and the offset it's difficult for me to determine which one of those two variables made it feel better for me.

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:34 Quote
tkrumroy wrote:
gmoss wrote:
nubbs wrote:

When I first got me 2018 HTLT the guy had a Fox 36 160mm with 51mm offset fork on it. I felt like the front wheel was a bit too squirly for me around our tight trails here. When I moved to the 150mm 42mm offset fork it make a world of a difference for me. It tightened up the steering and made it far easier to climb hills as well. Unfortunately, since I changed both the travel and the offset it's difficult for me to determine which one of those two variables made it feel better for me.

If I understand correctly, more offset means the front wheel is pushed forward further.? If so, I would want to stay with the 44mm offset. I remember you speaking about that, which I have kept in the ole memory bank for future reference. LOL

Posted: Nov 20, 2019 at 13:36 Quote
gmoss wrote:
tkrumroy wrote:
gmoss wrote:

If I understand correctly, more offset means the front wheel is pushed forward further.? If so, I would want to stay with the 44mm offset. I remember you speaking about that, which I have kept in the ole memory bank for future reference. LOL

Correct - the more the offset the further out the wheel is in front of you. So - it theoretically makes it more stable downhill but slightly slower on tight twisty turns.

Posted: Nov 21, 2019 at 3:50 Quote
gmoss wrote:
nubbs wrote:
Jpmche wrote:

Thanks,

JP

My bike pictured above is 51mm offset 160mm travel fox 36

Bike feels perfect in all aspects, only ever ran it with this fork setup

150mm 36 can be changed to 160mm with a simple air shaft change

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 8:47 Quote
I just snagged a new 2019 hightower LT.

I see many of you guys have this long black strip that goes down the entire downtube. Is that just generic protection tape, or something else?

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.020863
Mobile Version of Website