Santa Cruz Hightower LT

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Hightower LT
Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 9:38 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
I just snagged a new 2019 hightower LT.

I see many of you guys have this long black strip that goes down the entire downtube. Is that just generic protection tape, or something else?

I just bought a Lizard Skins Carbon Leather strip that may be what you're looking at.

Rockguardz also has an awesome piece that's pretty large down there.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 1:17 Quote
On the wicklow frame it’s just part of the paintjob on the downtube, there is a rubber protector down near the BB

If you want to keep the frame fresh and protected, invisiframe is your best shout

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 4:48 Quote
I ordered some 3m helicopter tape to do the normal wear areas. not going to go crazy.

It seems like some guys do the 3m rubber tape down the downtube.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 10:30 Quote
Do you guys know if I can acess the serial number without taking to much apart. SC says it should be right about the bottom bracket under the linkage.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:00 Quote
Unbolt one of the shock and rotate up and you should be able to see it.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:03 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
Do you guys know if I can acess the serial number without taking to much apart. SC says it should be right about the bottom bracket under the linkage.

yes , juast flip the bike mine is etched under the BB

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:30 Quote
Accidental double post.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 11:34 Quote
I found a sn number on the rear swing arm right near the bb. I would assume its the same one that's stamped on the frame. I much rather not take the link apart.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 12:29 Quote
You do not have to take the linkage apart.

O+
Posted: Dec 12, 2019 at 13:20 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
I found a sn number on the rear swing arm right near the bb. I would assume its the same one that's stamped on the frame. I much rather not take the link apart.

Front triangle and rear triangles have separate serial numbers.

Just take the link apart. It's super easy to see it once u do so.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
For all you SC experts...

I just got the new bike put together(bike was shipped new to me). hightower LT s build. GX drivetrain with a XG cassette.

Took the bike for its first ride around the block and in the upper gears(bigger cogs)2,3,4 I get this weird creak/grinding noise. It only happens when I put a lot of torque on the drivetrain, Like sprinting uphill. Other then that its quiet. It almost sounds like back in the day when the chain would rub the front derailleur when pedaling hard. I did notice that the cassette was bone dry and the chain was barely lubed. I took the rear wheel off and everything looked normal. I lubed the chain a few times and ran the bike through all the gears to make sure the cassette had lube on it. After that the noise is gone for the most part. Supper odd. I did notice a few loud popping noises from the chain that could be felt in the cranks but that has seem to go away after a few mins of riding and a few higher speed sprints.

Maybe its from the drivetrain needing to be broken in? I have read a that some people develop a noisy sram cassette but it seems to develop after having some miles on the bike.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 6:35 Quote
fourfourone wrote:
For all you SC experts...

I just got the new bike put together(bike was shipped new to me). hightower LT s build. GX drivetrain with a XG cassette.

Took the bike for its first ride around the block and in the upper gears(bigger cogs)2,3,4 I get this weird creak/grinding noise. It only happens when I put a lot of torque on the drivetrain, Like sprinting uphill. Other then that its quiet. It almost sounds like back in the day when the chain would rub the front derailleur when pedaling hard. I did notice that the cassette was bone dry and the chain was barely lubed. I took the rear wheel off and everything looked normal. I lubed the chain a few times and ran the bike through all the gears to make sure the cassette had lube on it. After that the noise is gone for the most part. Supper odd. I did notice a few loud popping noises from the chain that could be felt in the cranks but that has seem to go away after a few mins of riding and a few higher speed sprints.

Maybe its from the drivetrain needing to be broken in? I have read a that some people develop a noisy sram cassette but it seems to develop after having some miles on the bike.

I've had a creaking in my Gx cassette but it ended up being the deraileur hanger that needed lube between the hangar and the frame where the bolt is inserted. After that was lubed all the noise went away entirely.

Posted: Dec 13, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Check to make sure all is tight, as mentioned, hanger, der, cassette on hub. Pull it all apart, put a little greas on the base of the cassette hub if needed.

Posted: Dec 14, 2019 at 23:56 Quote
Sram, especially the more budget end stuff, is super sensitive to the B tension angle of the mech

I’d double check that also

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.031212
Mobile Version of Website