Oahu biking?

PB Forum :: USA - West
Oahu biking?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2022 at 18:38 Quote
Hey djyosh, thanks for getting back to me on this thread. I ended up just bringing the surfboards.

Today there were no waves so I did end up renting a bike and checking out the Olomana trail network. I only had three hours to ride but I checked out:
-Two Face
-Rock Biter
-Iron Maiden
-Renegade DH
-Olomana Ho’pe to Kea DH
-Rock Your Socks Off

I was super impressed with this trail network! It was super fun. Rock Biter and Rock Your Socks Off were my favorites. I also ended up doing a trail run up there and found some trails not on Trail forks that are in the works of being built. Props to the trail builders as I can’t imagine fighting off a jungle to build and maintain trail.

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 16, 2022 at 10:15 Quote
a-prince wrote:
Hey djyosh, thanks for getting back to me on this thread. I ended up just bringing the surfboards.

Today there were no waves so I did end up renting a bike and checking out the Olomana trail network. I only had three hours to ride but I checked out:
-Two Face
-Rock Biter
-Iron Maiden
-Renegade DH
-Olomana Ho’pe to Kea DH
-Rock Your Socks Off

I was super impressed with this trail network! It was super fun. Rock Biter and Rock Your Socks Off were my favorites. I also ended up doing a trail run up there and found some trails not on Trail forks that are in the works of being built. Props to the trail builders as I can’t imagine fighting off a jungle to build and maintain trail.

Glad you got a taste and had fun! Agreed that they have done a great job up there and, while it's not a top attraction like the waves, quality trails on either side of the island = gravy.

Posted: Oct 9, 2022 at 22:48 Quote
Coming back to this thread for some advice...I should be coming back to Oahu for 2-3 months of work around February. How wet is the rainy season? I really enjoyed the trails last time and I'm thinking of shipping my bike over. Worth it or is it generally a "no-go" to ride during the wet season?

O+ FL
Posted: Oct 12, 2022 at 12:48 Quote
I don't live there but have spent enough time in December to March to know that there will be plenty of stretches without rain so I'd say it would be well worth bringing the bike. I rode the Olamana trails a day after a light rain last March and they were well dried out (maybe saw one or two small puddles). The clay stuff up at Pupukea would probably take longer to dry but that is only a small portion of that network. Those sections are also baking in the sun all day.

Posted: Oct 16, 2022 at 12:31 Quote
February is rainy season but no way to predict. Last year we had very little rain and rode throughout the year. Even during normal rainy seasons we get a lot of riding in.

O+
Posted: May 18, 2023 at 16:23 Quote
Looking to ride Oahu in June but need to rent a bike. Anyone recommend a place to rent and to ride?

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012695
Mobile Version of Website