YT Dirt Love

Posted: Apr 2, 2018 at 4:52 Quote
Damn. I just cannot help it. After having ordered the Conti Race King Protection tires, I got an SLX M7000 rear brake, a Hope adapter A and a Hope X2 140mm rotor. Big Grin

I also went to a dirt jump spot and tried a table jump for the first time*. I'm actually very satisfied with it. I cannot wait trying the YT there as my Canyon Spectral feels a bit plumb.

Views: 229    Faves: 0    Comments: 0

*Technically, it wasn't the first time as I have jumped out of quarter pipes on my trialbike already. It's the first time I've crossed a table though.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 2:53 Quote
Bike will be sent out by the end of this week. Smile

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 3:01 Quote
niconj wrote:
For real? This Friday or Saturday? You got confirmation from YT?

Then I get it before my holidays instead
of during ..... Razz

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 5:46 Quote
Can't wait to see one

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 5:54 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
niconj wrote:

of during ..... Razz

No email with the tracking number but they told me that mine (don't know about any others) is ready to be shipped. They asked me whether it's ok to ship it earlier. Guess what I answered. Big Grin

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 5:56 Quote
sals wrote:
Can't wait to see one

I'll make an uboxing video. I'll change some parts though (tires, brake+rotor).

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 6:47 Quote
niconj wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
niconj wrote:

of during ..... Razz

No email with the tracking number but they told me that mine (don't know about any others) is ready to be shipped. They asked me whether it's ok to ship it earlier. Guess what I answered. Big Grin

I hope you said no Really Mad

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 6:56 Quote
niconj wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:
niconj wrote:

of during ..... Razz

Then I am in the lead now! I just got a track and trace!

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 7:23 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
niconj wrote:
Grumposaur wrote:

of during ..... Razz

Then I am in the lead now! I just got a track and trace!

Me too. Depends on when it leaves the company though. I dunno if DHL comes to them every day. Do you know where they send it from?

edit: They've changed the status on their page as well. It's now available.

edit x2: I had to laugh a bit. They are a German company. I should've known that being German myself. Big Grin

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 10:00 Quote
As far I know from their headquarters. I had a call with them, pick-up by DHL could be latest monday...

But I hope it will be before the weekend.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 10:10 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
As far I know from their headquarters. I had a call with them, pick-up by DHL could be latest monday...

But I hope it will be before the weekend.

From what I've read on our German forum it seems that they only come 2-3x a week for pickup. I guess it will be with us by mid-end of next week. I see that you've ordered tan wall Table Tops? Will you be mounting them right away? I suppose you'll do more street riding with it.

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 10:24 Quote
I bought it to do more pump track, and probably will attempt some dirt jumping to. With a front break I would consider taking it up some jumpy flowlines in bikeparks. It is my first dirt jumper next to DH and enduro.

But I just want to see tan wall, and table top is anyway probably gripier then a DTH:

photo
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 10:35 Quote
It's my first Dirt Jumper as well. I'll be doing street (trials background) and dirt jumping. There's no pumptrack anywhere near so this'll have to wait. I won't be mounting a front brake.

You'll need a different hub for that.

I think the Race King has the most grip of the three tires we've mentioned. Being BCC helps big time as well.

photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 10:40 Quote
Maybe later I put in another hub or front wheel.

Race king is similar to an Ikon I guess

I will go here, and some other places:
photo

Posted: Apr 5, 2018 at 12:44 Quote
Grumposaur wrote:
Looks definitely better than anything within 100km of my home.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.177426
Mobile Version of Website