O+
Posted: Mar 10, 2018 at 19:32 Quote
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Changes include the OneUP EDC, WeAreOne Agent 29s, Chepi Duster saddle, and the DVO suspension pieces (Diamond 150, Topaz). Rides like a freaking champ.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 6:55 Quote
zsandstrom wrote:
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

Changes include the OneUP EDC, WeAreOne Agent 29s, Chepi Duster saddle, and the DVO suspension pieces (Diamond 150, Topaz). Rides like a freaking champ.

The homemade graphics are awesome! Mind providing some insight as to how you did that? Just saw a pic recently on a bike from the Andes Enduro article on PB. Want to do that to my Jeffsy..

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 13:28 Quote
gorgefreerider wrote:
zsandstrom wrote:

The homemade graphics are awesome! Mind providing some insight as to how you did that? Just saw a pic recently on a bike from the Andes Enduro article on PB. Want to do that to my Jeffsy..

I KNEW someone else looked at that and was like "Hey....I can do that....". Best customization idea I've seen in a long time. It was super easy! I just ordered some Racer Tape on Amazon (here) and drew on it with a sharpie. That is literally all.

I had originally planned to draw on the adhesive side of the tape to protect the graphics. However, even if I drew on it and let it sit for 3 hours, it still transferred some of the ink over to the paint, which was a no-go for me. I already had the same frame tape on the frame nearing the end of its useful life, so I just drew on it in some places to see how it would hold up. Worked fine! I'm fully expecting to get a season's worth of riding out of this and have the graphics looking great.

Minus experimentation, the whole process took about 3 hours, which included stripping the old tape off the frame, cutting out the new pieces, the artwork, and installing them (using the baby shampoo/water trick). Faster, cheaper, easier, and WAY cooler than Invisiframe.

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 20:14 Quote
zsandstrom wrote:
gorgefreerider wrote:
zsandstrom wrote:

I KNEW someone else looked at that and was like "Hey....I can do that....". Best customization idea I've seen in a long time. It was super easy! I just ordered some Racer Tape on Amazon (here) and drew on it with a sharpie. That is literally all.

I had originally planned to draw on the adhesive side of the tape to protect the graphics. However, even if I drew on it and let it sit for 3 hours, it still transferred some of the ink over to the paint, which was a no-go for me. I already had the same frame tape on the frame nearing the end of its useful life, so I just drew on it in some places to see how it would hold up. Worked fine! I'm fully expecting to get a season's worth of riding out of this and have the graphics looking great.

Minus experimentation, the whole process took about 3 hours, which included stripping the old tape off the frame, cutting out the new pieces, the artwork, and installing them (using the baby shampoo/water trick). Faster, cheaper, easier, and WAY cooler than Invisiframe.

Wow, that sounds easy. Guess I'll have to give it a try.. thanks

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 20:25 Quote
Since people are getting on the creative train i had to join

photo

photo

Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 20:41 Quote
Great idea on your shadow/peg board with the YT logo. I might just steal that Beer

O+
Posted: Mar 11, 2018 at 21:22 Quote
Shiny-side-up wrote:
Great idea on your shadow/peg board with the YT logo. I might just steal that Beer

Ohhh yeah.

O+
Posted: Mar 12, 2018 at 21:51 Quote
First ride tonight.. more pics to follow...
First spin on the 2018 YT Jeffsy 27 AL ..... what a great ride.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 7:01 Quote
Shake down run...

Here's another pic from my shake down run...

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 15:31 Quote
Looks good. What size is it?

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 17:16 Quote
richulr wrote:

27 AL Medium w RF Sixc 800mm bars

Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 19:51 Quote
gorgefreerider wrote:
richulr wrote:

Great choice and worth the wait imo. Love that color combination. Curious...why that color of Sixc bars?

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 21:36 Quote
kwapik wrote:
gorgefreerider wrote:
richulr wrote:

Great choice and worth the wait imo. Love that color combination. Curious...why that color of Sixc bars?

Thanks... I got that set of bars for $70 new on ebay, so couldnt be picky because of the savings $$... would have rather had blue or orange. oh well.

O+
Posted: Mar 13, 2018 at 21:45 Quote
Done setting sag and changing over to tubeless.

Finished setting sag tonight, as well as converting to tubeless. Used Gorilla tape to seal rims, as the stock rim tape will not work. Also had to buy a pair of WTB tubeless stems.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.063633
Mobile Version of Website