Fox Float X2 Tuning Guide

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Fox Float X2 Tuning Guide
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Mar 8, 2018 at 19:09 Quote
I recently got a 2018 fox float x2 and put it on my Specialized Enduro 29.

I've gone for a few rides with it now and had some questions about others settings and how they tune their shock.

I started with Fox's recommended settings. Body Weight = PSI and then clicks per their chart. I found myself blowing through travel pretty good. I added all three volume spacers, that is the max for this shock stoke length. I upped the PSI to 220. It still feels like it gets through the travel quite easily. I may need to continue fiddling with the HSC to sort that out, we shall see.

Just curious on other peoples experiences. I know the Enduro has a higher than average leverage ratio, so that is part of it. But curious on what settings others settled in at on this shock! Cheers!

Posted: May 22, 2018 at 5:00 Quote
is it the 216x57mm x2 with spesh mount or is it 200x57mm with bike yoke???

Posted: May 23, 2018 at 2:56 Quote
Set the sag you want first, pressures vary from frame to frame. Does it bottom out easily or does it bobs? The base/recommended settings are quite soft too. Do you want it harder or slower? I'd try a higher pressure first whatsoever.

Posted: Aug 3, 2018 at 10:09 Quote
im having the same exact issue you are. i weigh about 185 and have to pump it up to almost 250psi. i turned the hsc/lsc all that stuff to pretty much normal per fox's chart. i even ride with mine locked out most of the time and i still bottom it out in Florida LOL. i have 3 volume spacers in it too.

Posted: Aug 6, 2018 at 14:47 Quote
First off as someone else mentioned, set the sag, somewhere between 20%-30%. With an enduro I’d recommended the least sag you can (I wouldn’t go lower than 20%) as the frame is quite linear and it helps to run less sag to keep it from bottoming to easy. Next I’d wind that HSR adjuster fully closed (clockwise) and I’d just use the LSR to set the rebound where you like it, never open that HSR from fully closed. The LSR overlaps into the HSR valvling as it is, to get the best from the shock and to simplify setup this is the best method. As for HSC and LSC, wind those fully open counter clockwise, try and leave the HSC fully open if you can, using volume spacers instead but if you find the bike bobbing around a bit when pedalling or weighting the rear you can add a few clicks of LSC. It’s an easy shock to work with as long as you don’t complicate things and trying to use the air pressure and volume spacers to do most of the work, it will keep the bike much more lively than using the compression adjusters which will deaden the bike.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
That’s great! Really

Posted: Sep 1, 2019 at 0:31 Quote
Some shocks that are off the shelf aren't ideally suited to a specific frame.

Mine for example is listed as only able to take 2 volume spacers.. it actually contains 4 spacers as a specific set up for knolly.

The damping tune also may not be ideally suited to your frame if it's off the shelf.

That being said; you should still find the best set up for your bike and decide from their if it needs customising.

If it's set up correctly you should need little to no compression damping ( unless hitting big jumps)

For rebound; use a bracket technique. Ie set in the middle for both high and low. Address one range until you're semi happy then the other.

Adjust the range by say 4 clicks in one direction; assess if you've made a positive difference. If yes try 2 more.. worse? Back off say 1.. still not sure? Try going back to the start point and use 4 clicks in the opposite direction.. assess if it's better or worse? Then gradually work backwards or forwards from there.

Bit of a crude write up but you get the idea

Posted: Oct 9, 2019 at 15:44 Quote
sorry to drag up an old thread but really keen to know how the op has got on with the recommendations.

instead of buying a new bike i decided to replace the rear shock on my 17 sworks enduro...never got on with the stx22

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011007
Mobile Version of Website