What helmets & goggles do you use?

PB Forum :: Downhill
What helmets & goggles do you use?
Posted: May 11, 2016 at 15:17 Quote
BamaMike wrote:
NikosVarelis wrote:
My combo: Giro Cipher Black + Oakley Airbrake MX Factory B1B (Clear Dual Lens)

I've tried to find that strap as a stand alone piece to buy since I saw it the first time, but can't seem to locate it. Also, I've only used the single pane lenses, how do you like the dual?

On winter days it's perfect because it does not fog, but for the Greek summer I change to the single black lens it came...though this summer I ain't gonna ride at all, cause I'm serving in the Greek army.

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 17:02 Quote
Unboxed my new helmet/goggles combo this morning!

photo
photo
photo

The goggles' noseguard is awesome.
photo
photo

100% Dalek approved!

Posted: May 12, 2016 at 23:02 Quote
Nice man I like the colour of the helmet, don't rate the goggles but it's personal preferences. Nice setup

Posted: May 15, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
no1000 wrote:
Just bought this new '14 rampage pro for $200 and the oakley's have lasted me 5 years so I'll continue to sport them. I'll probably be rocking my glasses most of them though.

photo
photo

I got the same deal, figured the XL would fit well but it's too large!! Have to send it back now. The visor was a different white to the shell on mine...the visor was polar white and the shell was more of an off white almost cream. It doesn't appear to be the same on yours? It bugged me, but I was going to compromise because: cheap, but the fit made me re-consider.

Enjoy, looks rad

O+
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:35 Quote
Anyone here run a bell transfer 9 with a leatt 5.5 brace? I want to get a brace but am worried about not having a full range of motion because I ride very low and head up. The helmet is a medium, and the brace would be a JR size.

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 12:36 Quote
adamsmtb wrote:
no1000 wrote:
Just bought this new '14 rampage pro for $200 and the oakley's have lasted me 5 years so I'll continue to sport them. I'll probably be rocking my glasses most of them though.

photo
photo

I got the same deal, figured the XL would fit well but it's too large!! Have to send it back now. The visor was a different white to the shell on mine...the visor was polar white and the shell was more of an off white almost cream. It doesn't appear to be the same on yours? It bugged me, but I was going to compromise because: cheap, but the fit made me re-consider.

Enjoy, looks rad

nope color on helmet and visor are spot on

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 16:29 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
Anyone here run a bell transfer 9 with a leatt 5.5 brace? I want to get a brace but am worried about not having a full range of motion because I ride very low and head up. The helmet is a medium, and the brace would be a JR size.
Atlas Air-- Far better range of motion IMO after owning both a Leatt and the Atlas

O+
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 16:31 Quote
chair1films wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
Atlas Air-- Far better range of motion IMO after owning both a Leatt and the Atlas
the Atlas doesn't have adjustments, and doesn't fit good on my head

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 16:39 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
chair1films wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
Neck braces don't go on your head... But anyways the Atlas's are quite adjustable, you can flip the smart mounts or pivots for the back supports and they have three different angles at which you can put the back supports for each of the two positions you can put the smart mounts at.

Posted: May 17, 2016 at 20:46 Quote
chair1films wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
chair1films wrote:

Neck braces don't go on your head... But anyways the Atlas's are quite adjustable, you can flip the smart mounts or pivots for the back supports and they have three different angles at which you can put the back supports for each of the two positions you can put the smart mounts at.
atlas braces suck unless you have a stumpy neck. when I had one, I could tilt my head back and and go straight over the back of the brace. (The atlas guys set it up too)

Just get a leatt.

O+
Posted: May 17, 2016 at 20:47 Quote
Nobble wrote:
chair1films wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
atlas braces suck unless you have a stumpy neck. when I had one, I could tilt my head back and and go straight over the back of the brace. (The atlas guys set it up too)

Just get a leatt.

This

O+
Posted: May 18, 2016 at 11:03 Quote
Troy Lee D3 Carbon (midnight black)
oakley mx airbrake (skull pipe)

Posted: May 18, 2016 at 19:56 Quote
BombShellBike wrote:
Troy Lee D3 Carbon (midnight black)
oakley mx airbrake (skull pipe)

pics or it didn't happen Smile

Posted: May 19, 2016 at 13:19 Quote
I got a new Kali Shiva this week. Pretty stoked, it's stupid light.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.027169
Mobile Version of Website