Bears in Butte County Ca

PB Forum :: USA - West
Bears in Butte County Ca
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 24, 2018 at 13:34 Quote
Hey everyone. So I’m back up working on that dam again and I get to ride all the trails out here because the whole area is shut down for the job site. I’ve been riding every day for the past three weeks on the trails behind the dam and this morning around 10 AM I was riding and was about 5 miles into my trail on the last big uphill and I started passing huge mounds of diarrhea bear scat. When I got to the top of the hill I went to get off my bike to rest for a second and have a drink and I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and a bear was rolling in the grass, saw me and stood up on his four legs. I immediately took off on the bike and was plowing through stuff faster than I ever knew I could LOL. The bear did not give chase at least not that I know of but I’m just wondering are the Bears around here known for having problems with humans and do you think the trail is safe to ride back on? Would hate to lose this trail since every day I’m able to just literally go right after work and don’t even have to drive anywhere.The bear was a pretty big black bear which worries me because it could either be a big male that I bike through his territory or possibly a big pregnant female which would probably be worse to deal with that in the male. I notified the job site because they have said to watch out for every animal except a bear LOL. And while I’m out riding on the trail a lot of the engineers go trail running.

Posted: Jul 22, 2018 at 21:46 Quote
Yeah I've heard there are more bears coming down from higher elevation now. And that it's new within the last 3-5 years. I have not heard of any accidents, other than residents losing chickens.

krumpdancer101 wrote:
Hey everyone. So I’m back up working on that dam again and I get to ride all the trails out here because the whole area is shut down for the job site. I’ve been riding every day for the past three weeks on the trails behind the dam and this morning around 10 AM I was riding and was about 5 miles into my trail on the last big uphill and I started passing huge mounds of diarrhea bear scat. When I got to the top of the hill I went to get off my bike to rest for a second and have a drink and I heard a noise behind me. I turned around and a bear was rolling in the grass, saw me and stood up on his four legs. I immediately took off on the bike and was plowing through stuff faster than I ever knew I could LOL. The bear did not give chase at least not that I know of but I’m just wondering are the Bears around here known for having problems with humans and do you think the trail is safe to ride back on? Would hate to lose this trail since every day I’m able to just literally go right after work and don’t even have to drive anywhere.The bear was a pretty big black bear which worries me because it could either be a big male that I bike through his territory or possibly a big pregnant female which would probably be worse to deal with that in the male. I notified the job site because they have said to watch out for every animal except a bear LOL. And while I’m out riding on the trail a lot of the engineers go trail running.

Posted: Aug 15, 2018 at 12:15 Quote
Never had a problem with them. Only black bear in California and they're not aggressive.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011336
Mobile Version of Website