All Things Meta 29er!

PB Forum :: Commencal
All Things Meta 29er!
Posted: Jan 4, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
Upduro wrote:
wbro1974 wrote:
Can someone list the bearings needed for a 2020 Meta Am 29 please?. Looking to change mine out soon.

Thanks.

https://tech.commencal.com/bike/COMMENCAL-META-AM-29-SIGNATURE-2020/404.html

Cheers dude.

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 19:11 Quote
wbro1974 wrote:
Can someone list the bearings needed for a 2020 Meta Am 29 please?. Looking to change mine out soon.

Thanks.

Speaking of bearings, what bearing extractor have people utilized with good success?

I see the enduro extractor, park tool extractor.

Any options for home mechanic?

Posted: Jan 7, 2022 at 9:49 Quote
https://www.altalt.ca/products/suspension-bearing-press-kit

95$cdn including shipping, made of acetal (sturdy plastic) and has all the needed adapters for the '20 Meta if I remember correctly. (But check to make sure!) I bought a kit but haven't tried it yet.

O+
Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 4:42 Quote
I am looking to order a 2021 Meta AM Signature model.

Does anyone have any horror stories about customer service, warranty, or availability dates being pushed back?

I really don’t want to dump the money into this bike and have the shipping dates continually pushed back.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 7:14 Quote
Other people's experience won't help you here. The mess on the market is changing all the time.

I ordered mine last January, beginning of February. It should have been delivered by the end of May. It came about 3 weeks later.

Regarding their customer service I never had any problem.

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 8:13 Quote
drensor wrote:
I am looking to order a 2021 Meta AM Signature model.

Does anyone have any horror stories about customer service, warranty, or availability dates being pushed back?

I really don’t want to dump the money into this bike anymore not to have the shipping dates continually pushed back.

Thanks in advance.

My bike was about a week late I think. However, customer service has been top notch. I bent my cassette a month after I got it. Shimano wouldn’t stand behind it and Commencal didn’t have any to send me. They told me to find one and buy it from any shop of my choice, then send them the invoice and they’d reimburse me for the cost of the part.

They did exactly that. Also sent me a chain one time when mine snapped on my Meta HT.

I think it’s worth waiting the extra week or so knowing that you’re going to get great customer service.

Posted: Jan 9, 2022 at 10:02 Quote
Anyone with the polished frame noticed the clear coat failing? Basically anywhere on my frame where the clear coat finishes, like the end of the seat tube, it's just peeling away. Frame is only just over a year old.

Commencal have said their warranty for paint is only 6 months, but think it's pretty bad it's failed this quickly

photo
photo

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 0:34 Quote
[Quote="dirtrider121"]Anyone with the polished frame noticed the clear coat failing? Basically anywhere on my frame where the clear coat finishes, like the end of the seat tube, it's just peeling away. Frame is only just over a year old.

Commencal have said their warranty for paint is only 6 months, but think it's pretty bad it's failed this quickly

photo
photo
[/Quote

Never seen that before. My polished 2022 Meta SX frame shows up this week too. Got me worried.

Posted: Jan 11, 2022 at 14:04 Quote
The clear coat on my beige '20 Meta AM did the same at the top of the head tube but I 99% covered it in protective film so I won't know until I remove it (the clearcoat will peel off I've replaced a small part and it peeled off with the film). Unfortunately, it was probably bad paint prep on a few batches and hopefully not all bikes will be the same. It sucks for sure though. Raw for the win.

O+
Posted: Jan 12, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
I ended up ordering the Signature model in medium.

Based on my e mails and talks with Commencal the expected March arrival time is pretty solid.

Can’t wait to get it in. I am sure I will have more questions when it arrives.

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 2:21 Quote
Don't forget to check out the Commencal SubReddit. It's growing fast.

https://www.reddit.com/r/commencal?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 3:31 Quote
Reddit is full of people with absolutely no clue about bikes tho

O+
Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 21:09 Quote
Anybody else experience a creaky bike nearly out of the box? After about 2-3 weeks riding my 2021 AM 29 the creak was killing me, so I stripped everything down and to my surprise, the bearings had almost no grease in most of them. Re-packed and sounds nice and quiet. Maybe I got a bad apple? Wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar on a new bike? Felt kinda unusual especially since it’s new!

Posted: Jan 13, 2022 at 23:12 Quote
backpackvideo wrote:
Anybody else experience a creaky bike nearly out of the box? After about 2-3 weeks riding my 2021 AM 29 the creak was killing me, so I stripped everything down and to my surprise, the bearings had almost no grease in most of them. Re-packed and sounds nice and quiet. Maybe I got a bad apple? Wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar on a new bike? Felt kinda unusual especially since it’s new!

Take off your shock, go wild with the grease on all the hardware and the world will go back being
beautiful

Posted: Jan 14, 2022 at 0:52 Quote
backpackvideo wrote:

Yeah I had the same
First set of bearings only lasted 6 months, was really surprised actually. Good you've caught it early.

Other things to check are the BB, I had creaking on mine and struggled to diagnose it, turned out it was the freehub needed greasing, sorted it out.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015082
Mobile Version of Website