Mongoose Title Pro 24 for beginner

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
Mongoose Title Pro 24 for beginner
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 1, 2018 at 1:46 Quote
I've been an avid mtber (mostly enduro) for the past 10 years but am lacking jumping/pumping skills. I've borrowed my friends 24" GT cruiser bmx and took it to a local BMX/DJ. track and loved it. Now I want something similar to improve my biking skills. My height is 6ft, i weigh around 80kgs/180lbs.
I found a new Mongoose Title Pro 24 for around 300€\$, which is a very attractive price. What do you guys think? Is it an ok bike for a beginner? Will I notice cheap components?

O+
Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 9:58 Quote
svantevid wrote:
I've been an avid mtber (mostly enduro) for the past 10 years but am lacking jumping/pumping skills. I've borrowed my friends 24" GT cruiser bmx and took it to a local BMX/DJ. track and loved it. Now I want something similar to improve my biking skills. My height is 6ft, i weigh around 80kgs/180lbs.
I found a new Mongoose Title Pro 24 for around 300€\$, which is a very attractive price. What do you guys think? Is it an ok bike for a beginner? Will I notice cheap components?

Since you're asking this question in the DJ forum I suggest you get yourself a 26" DJ bike because it's the most similar to your enduro. Switching from the 27.5" to the 24" would probably be huge, but not as much as a 20". Not that I don't like like Mongoose Title Pro. They have been getting pretty good reviews in the BMX community. I bought my son the Title Pro in the expert size and it seemed like a solid entry level bike. But alas I sold it because we don't race anymore.

Posted: Jun 4, 2018 at 10:39 Quote
I would say no, that Mongoose Title Pro 24 has a “hi-ten” fork, meaning hi-tensile steel, which is not chromoly steel. Hi-ten is better than it used to be for some brands, but still, at your age/height, I’d avoid it.

http://www.mongoose.com/usa/title-pro-20930

I agree with Clark. A 26” DJ will feel closer to MTB.

I grew up with BMX, and rode 24” BMX for a long time (and still do), but my go-to bike for jumps and pump track was always the 26” DJ. That said, I know other guys who prefer 24” BMX, even after riding 26” DJ for a while. So it’s just personal preference.

Check out the Haro Steel Reserve options, or NS Metropolis...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009086
Mobile Version of Website