Posted: Dec 23, 2023 at 18:01 Quote
I have the mx version if I run it in high can I run a 29in wheel

O+
Posted: Dec 25, 2023 at 10:47 Quote
No, its a wheel specific rear triangle for 27.5 inch on the capra MK3

Posted: Dec 25, 2023 at 20:16 Quote
Michael-co wrote:
I have the mx version if I run it in high can I run a 29in wheel
No. But you can run a 24" on the rear and a 26" up front. Then just put bmx pegs where the crank goes.

Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 3:01 Quote
Filiper500 wrote:
Hello!

Can anyone tell me where the clicking sounds are coming from? Lubed the upper and lower main pivot and torqued it to spec. Headset is cleaned, relubed and tightened. I tried even different fork. Seatpost is cleaned and the noise is coming also if I remove it. This clicking sound is even when I pedal. So I cleaned whole drivetrain, now it's dead silent. Still the same clicking noise. It comes only when I push on the bike in angle or side load the bike. If I jump on the saddle it's ok. I suspect shock mount, but really don't know... I searched forum , find some posts about this problem, but without solution.. Any ideas?

Don't care about the annoying birds and barking dogs from neighbourhood in videos.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G4XrO79huRQ

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/KPRT1EQEiJs

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ywxU0AiGUiY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhQZHhV3e8

I had the same problem with my bike. I heard many bikers have same issue. They are certain that the noise comes from the front. I was so mad that I started to replace things like headset bearings etc. But… in most cases it’s simply dirt in saddle mount that makes such noises ;D or in seatpost mount. It resonates throughout the frame and you think the sound comes from the front but it’s not the front ^^ all you need to do is take off your YT postman, saddle and clean & lube.

O+
Posted: Jan 30, 2024 at 5:58 Quote
Have you tried a different set of pedals? Obv it can be almost anything but id swap the pedals and torque all the frame bolts and shock bolts to spec.

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 19:29 Quote
Freaking out, well a little. I'm coming from a Large mk2 Capra at 6 foot 32 inch in seam to an XL Capra Core 3. Did I make a mistake? Will jumping be completely ruined for me? Can I put a 40 mm stem on it and move seat forward and still have a fun time jumping?

Any thoughts on anyone riding a 29er Capra XL at 6 feet. Can it still be fun in the air?

Posted: Feb 12, 2024 at 23:24 Quote
A friend of mine bought a capra uncaged 11 mullet in XL for enduro races a few month ago. He is 6ft tall and really love the stability and capabilities of the bike in the chunk, though it is clearly not as playful as is previous bike on jumps (commencal clash in L size with 467mm reach).

O+
Posted: Feb 13, 2024 at 7:26 Quote
Andwewillrise wrote:
Freaking out, well a little. I'm coming from a Large mk2 Capra at 6 foot 32 inch in seam to an XL Capra Core 3. Did I make a mistake? Will jumping be completely ruined for me? Can I put a 40 mm stem on it and move seat forward and still have a fun time jumping?

Any thoughts on anyone riding a 29er Capra XL at 6 feet. Can it still be fun in the air?

I have a mk 2 in Large (460 reach) and it now runs as my backup/xc bike. I have since I purchased the Capra got a meta am (495 reach) and a slash (485 reach) and the capra feels far too small for me now. I´m 186 cm.

Posted: Feb 19, 2024 at 12:04 Quote
I would say it was too small from the beginning because you bought the wrong size. L ends at 184 cm. With 186cm you should have XL.

O+
Posted: Feb 28, 2024 at 4:48 Quote
Im 5'10.5" with mtb shoes on and the large Capra MK2 is still to this day the best fitting bike Ive owned. 6 foot is def too tall for the mk2 in large.

Posted: Mar 30, 2024 at 20:48 Quote
Anyone running a Rockshox coil on their Capra? If yes, what are your Rebound settings, spring weight and preload?

I have a 2022 Core 3, run a 400lb spring, 2 full turns preload and 12 clicks rebound. My problem is I can hear the coil rattle.

O+
Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 6:05 Quote
Go 3-5 full turns for preload once contact is made with with preload ring to coil end . Set preload when bike is on floor with pressure upward under the frame or seat to take the bike weight off of the suspension.

Capra is one of the most progressive linkages out there so you probably don't need much compression either. If you do, go up in spring rate.

Posted: Mar 31, 2024 at 10:57 Quote
Ryanwarren47 wrote:
Go 3-5 full turns for preload once contact is made with with preload ring to coil end . Set preload when bike is on floor with pressure upward under the frame or seat to take the bike weight off of the suspension.

Capra is one of the most progressive linkages out there so you probably don't need much compression either. If you do, go up in spring rate.

I switched to a 450lb spring, 2 full turns preload, zero compresssion, same 12 clicks of rebound and it’s still doing the same thing. The shock was recently serviced at Fluid Function. The weird thing is this shocks used to be on my 2019 Capra and it didn’t make this rattling sound. I can’t figure out why it’s making this sound. I’lol take a video on my next ride.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011229
Mobile Version of Website