Tues Thread

PB Forum :: YT Industries
Tues Thread
O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 5:41 Quote
I just got the Uncaged 11 Tues yesterday. Pretty happy with it overall. Seat post is a little long for me even when inserted all the way and the brakes need a really good bleed. Aside from that, it's pretty sweet.

I have a YT Short Time lapse of the build in case anyone wants to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ufG2-ogP7Ec

O+
Posted: Sep 1, 2023 at 10:09 Quote
jpelaston wrote:
I just got the Uncaged 11 Tues yesterday. Pretty happy with it overall. Seat post is a little long for me even when inserted all the way and the brakes need a really good bleed. Aside from that, it's pretty sweet.

I have a YT Short Time lapse of the build in case anyone wants to watch.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ufG2-ogP7Ec

I had to trim like 4 inches off my XXL seatpost. They are ridic long

Posted: Sep 4, 2023 at 13:19 Quote
Potentially going to buy the YT Tues Uncaged 11 as it’s insane value for money but really want a mullet setup. Would anyone be able to calculate the geometry numbers if I were to switch out the 27.5 front wheel for a 29?

How much can you gain by sliding the stanchions through the crowns as much as possible to offset some of the slackened head angle and BB height?

O+
Posted: Sep 6, 2023 at 6:13 Quote
matthew10 wrote:
Potentially going to buy the YT Tues Uncaged 11 as it’s insane value for money but really want a mullet setup. Would anyone be able to calculate the geometry numbers if I were to switch out the 27.5 front wheel for a 29?

How much can you gain by sliding the stanchions through the crowns as much as possible to offset some of the slackened head angle and BB height?

I'd like to possibly do the same but there is already a LOT of stanchion above the top clamp on my Uncaged. I'd also assume the linkage would need to change to bring the BB back up to a decent level.

Posted: Sep 9, 2023 at 11:21 Quote
Just got my uncaged 11 as well. Can't wait to ride it! Definitely agree with the seat post being too long. Also the bite point adjustment dial is seized on the rear brake but yt is already taking care of that.

I haven't set the sag yet but my initial feel is the shock spring may be too soft. I'm 200lb on a size large but I can't find many recommendations on spring rates for my weight.

Posted: Sep 9, 2023 at 11:46 Quote
Has anyone got a STFU guide on their Tues? Pulled the trigger and bought the bike but don't want to buy the STFU if it won't fit.

Posted: Sep 10, 2023 at 12:02 Quote
matthew10 wrote:
Has anyone got a STFU guide on their Tues? Pulled the trigger and bought the bike but don't want to buy the STFU if it won't fit.
don’t know and don’t see a need

But cool product , may grab one for my sons bike

Posted: Sep 11, 2023 at 3:01 Quote
terrasmak wrote:
matthew10 wrote:
don’t know and don’t see a need

But cool product , may grab one for my sons bike
Got one on my Capra and it completely eliminated any noise the chain made and doesn't allow it to bounce as much. Well worth £25

O+
Posted: Sep 11, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
323racer wrote:
Just got my uncaged 11 as well. Can't wait to ride it! Definitely agree with the seat post being too long. Also the bite point adjustment dial is seized on the rear brake but yt is already taking care of that.

I haven't set the sag yet but my initial feel is the shock spring may be too soft. I'm 200lb on a size large but I can't find many recommendations on spring rates for my weight.

You're going to want the 411/89.

I'm just a touch heavier than you and that's what I have now. I had to dial in a decent amount of preload onto that spring to get between 25-30% SAG.

Posted: Sep 11, 2023 at 14:54 Quote
jpelaston wrote:
323racer wrote:

I'm just a touch heavier than you and that's what I have now. I had to dial in a decent amount of preload onto that spring to get between 25-30% SAG.

Well it looks like either YT updated their site or I missed it before but they now have recommended settings available. It has me on a 365 spring so just ordered that earlier today. Sounds like that may be a bit soft still based on your setup. The stock rates are def on the soft side. A size large comes with a spring appropriate for a 150lb rider per their own setup guide...

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 11:41 Quote
I had a good response typed up but apparently there are banned words and it nixed it. Sorry.

Bike was good at Snowshoe with the 411/89 spring. It does rattle and hit the shock body however.

323racer wrote:
jpelaston wrote:
323racer wrote:

Well it looks like either YT updated their site or I missed it before but they now have recommended settings available. It has me on a 365 spring so just ordered that earlier today. Sounds like that may be a bit soft still based on your setup. The stock rates are def on the soft side. A size large comes with a spring appropriate for a 150lb rider per their own setup guide...

O+
Posted: Sep 18, 2023 at 12:24 Quote
My rider weight with gear is about 225-230lbs. I have a Fox DXH2, so idk how it compares to the Ohlins spring-rate wise. I do know that I tried a 400lb spring and it was way too stiff. I had like 10% sag. I went to 325 and rode pretty smooth. I'm still at like 15% sag though. So IDK

O+ FL
Posted: Sep 19, 2023 at 10:30 Quote
Just got the last Tues pro race from the Canadian site, $5300cad delivered which is insane for the build, only problem is I’m 6’1” and got the x-long. On paper it’s very close to my xl Dreadnought so didn’t think it would be far off and had a 2019 xl tues as well which was pretty good.
I quickly built it up to check for sizing and it’s a really big bike! Hoping a shorter stem and lower rise bars will help.
For a whistler park bike might be a little big

Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 9:11 Quote
jazzawil wrote:
Just got the last Tues pro race from the Canadian site, $5300cad delivered which is insane for the build, only problem is I’m 6’1” and got the x-long. On paper it’s very close to my xl Dreadnought so didn’t think it would be far off and had a 2019 xl tues as well which was pretty good.
I quickly built it up to check for sizing and it’s a really big bike! Hoping a shorter stem and lower rise bars will help.

Hope 40mm is a drastic change, I’m the same height. I did keep the 38mm raise bars on mine

FL
Posted: Sep 20, 2023 at 12:10 Quote
jazzawil wrote:

Sorry for being a Grinch on this, but I'm afraid you bought the wrong frame. I'm 6 foot and I have a 29er in Long but its long enough. The X-long is a very hefty bike for 6'5" AT LEAST if not taller. You can try to shorten things down with a smaller stem but that would be a plough going down.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.042417
Mobile Version of Website