We don't need no stock components! Super sick custom YT builds.

PB Forum :: YT Industries
We don't need no stock components! Super sick custom YT builds.
Posted: Jul 3, 2018 at 15:55 Quote
Camstyn wrote:
gbeaks33 wrote:

Not as custom as you dudes but here's what I have added:
-Stan's Flow MK3 rims on DT Swiss 350 hubs
-Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 front and Minion DHR rear (also have an Aggressor for really dry months)
-Rockshox Pike RTC3 with Vorsprung Luftkappe upgrade
-Chromag BZA caron bar
-Shimano XT brakes with upgraded Shimano Ice Tech Rotors. 203mm front and 180mm rear.
-Chromag Trailmaster DT Saddle
-OneUp EDC

Nice! Where in Kamloops was that taken?

That's at the first lookout on the Dew Drop trail, out in the Lac Du Bois area.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 19:08 Quote
Onerecovery wrote:
photo
I’ve posted this on other threads already, but I want to join this forum so here we go again. 18 Jeffsy AL. Fox 36 160mm with custom Slik decals, Deity Speedtrap, Deity Blackkat pedals, Kore stem, Deity Holeshot bars, Fox X2 (230x65), Rogue grips, and that’s about it. Just threw a KS Lev dropper on but don’t have any new pics with it. Love the way the longer stroke tunable shock really made this bike come to life!

Onerecovery- Did you have any issues putting on your Fox 36's? My front brake keeps rubbing and the wheel wont spin freely. Seems like I might need a different spacer? Any help is appreciated.

Posted: Jul 9, 2018 at 19:53 Quote
tlaity wrote:
Onerecovery wrote:
photo
I’ve posted this on other threads already, but I want to join this forum so here we go again. 18 Jeffsy AL. Fox 36 160mm with custom Slik decals, Deity Speedtrap, Deity Blackkat pedals, Kore stem, Deity Holeshot bars, Fox X2 (230x65), Rogue grips, and that’s about it. Just threw a KS Lev dropper on but don’t have any new pics with it. Love the way the longer stroke tunable shock really made this bike come to life!

Onerecovery- Did you have any issues putting on your Fox 36's? My front brake keeps rubbing and the wheel wont spin freely. Seems like I might need a different spacer? Any help is appreciated.
I had to use a Shimano post mount. The post mount off the Fox 34 rhythm has the same effect on mine/dragging rotor

Posted: Jul 10, 2018 at 6:06 Quote
Which one?

Onerecovery wrote:
tlaity wrote:
Onerecovery wrote:
photo

I had to use a Shimano post mount. The post mount off the Fox 34 rhythm has the same effect on mine/dragging rotor

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
tlaity wrote:
Which one?

Onerecovery wrote:
tlaity wrote:

I’m pretty sure it’s just the 203 post mount made by Shimano. I got my fork used and it was the adapter that was initially on it. I tried to use the one from my original fork and it didn’t work so I slapped the Shimano back on and it works perfectly

Posted: Jul 11, 2018 at 20:09 Quote
All of these bikes are looking dope! Good job everyone

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:21 Quote
Has RS figured out their dual position forks? I had a DP Pike in 2015 with 160/140mm adjustable and it was such a piece of shit. It was nothing like the solo air equivalents. So much so I felt they should have named it something else. The lower 140mm position had zero damping and was not rideable on anything but fire road climbs, and the 160mm open position was super harsh.

Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 8:22 Quote
hostforaxenomorph wrote:
Last years AL 2016 I bought.
Hope Enduro Pro 4 Wheelset
Shimano Siants and 203 Ice Tech rotors
150/180 DP Lyrik
222x70 DB Air CS
Renthal Apex 40mm
Spank 760 Oozy Vibrocore 15mm rise
Ergon GD1 grips
GX Eagle
DMR Vaults
Custom vinyl

2016 CAPRA AL massively upgraded saints eagle cane creek
photo
That vinyl looks awesome man! How is the rear with that shock? Was that the size for that model or did you short-shock it? If so how’s it ride that way

O+
Posted: Jul 12, 2018 at 9:14 Quote
hostforaxenomorph wrote:
Not done much to the new one yet.
Spank spike 800mm 30mm rise vibrocore bars
40mm Hussfelt stem (had a load of 31.6bars so outed for a cheap stem to try out 40mm as I was used to 50mm on the Ragley BluePig I rode hard for the last 6 months in the wet)
DMR Deathgrips
Crank Brothers Mallet Large
150mm Reverb (the e13 TRS+ was garbage)
SDG Bell Air (the fly left me feeling like I have been picking up soap in prison all day)

Future
Debating on switching over a 150/180 DP lyrik (I have in parts sort of) and getting a 230x65 coil for bike parks)
Shimano Saints going on soon. Codes constantly need attention and bleeding.
170 dropper soon.
Debating wider rims
2.5 DHF on the front
Flashy Red stem to match
New custom decals being design atm

Don't go for the DP Air. As others have mentioned, they are awful for the intentions of a bike like this. If you're going to alter the Lyrik, either get a Luftkappe or a PUSH ACS3 coil conversion.

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 0:53 Quote
I will have to be back tomorrow with pics, didn't know about this thread at all until just now. I have a 2016 YT Tues Al that I rebuilt at the beginning of the year. Stripped raw finish, hand cut oracal 751 vinyl decals, Kore Realm 3.0 Rims w/DT Swiss Champion dbl butted spokes and Sun Ringle Hubs, Race Face Atlas bars, Clarks grips because they're thick and firm (haha), Sram Code RSC brakes, Lambskin SDG I-beam saddle, Onza Ibex tires, Enduro stainless steel A/C bearings in the Race Face bottom bracket (because the oem hat seals were truly evil and also, bearings), Enduro Max bearings throughout, Funn Headset, GX DH 7 drivetrain with a fleabay NW chainring, DRM Brendog Vault pedals, modified motion control (bored out the orifice holes to have smooth transitions from face to bore, along with a shim stack tuned to my weight and style), Black spring in the Boxxer, Kage RC tuned to my weight and style, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Be back tomorrow w/pics.

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 0:56 Quote
hostforaxenomorph wrote:
Not done much to the new one yet.
Spank spike 800mm 30mm rise vibrocore bars
40mm Hussfelt stem (had a load of 31.6bars so outed for a cheap stem to try out 40mm as I was used to 50mm on the Ragley BluePig I rode hard for the last 6 months in the wet)
DMR Deathgrips
Crank Brothers Mallet Large
150mm Reverb (the e13 TRS+ was garbage)
SDG Bell Air (the fly left me feeling like I have been picking up soap in prison all day)

Future
Debating on switching over a 150/180 DP lyrik (I have in parts sort of) and getting a 230x65 coil for bike parks)
Shimano Saints going on soon. Codes constantly need attention and bleeding.
170 dropper soon.
Debating wider rims
2.5 DHF on the front
Flashy Red stem to match
New custom decals being design atm

photo

What kind of attention have your codes needed? I recently switched from Zee's and Guides to Code RSC's and I've been so happy with them I sing them lullabys at night as they drift off? Not a huge proponent or fanboy either way, just always curious to hear how people get on with their brakes these days.

Posted: Aug 26, 2018 at 0:58 Quote
[Quote="Onerecovery"]
hostforaxenomorph wrote:
Last years AL 2016 I bought.
Hope Enduro Pro 4 Wheelset
Shimano Siants and 203 Ice Tech rotors
150/180 DP Lyrik
222x70 DB Air CS
Renthal Apex 40mm
Spank 760 Oozy Vibrocore 15mm rise
Ergon GD1 grips
GX Eagle
DMR Vaults
Custom vinyl

That looks sweet. Definitely would have gotten hope hoops if I'd had it in my budget at the time. I really like the color scheme and decals too.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2018 at 20:05 Quote
2016 Jeffsy CF Pro
Cane Creek DBil coil
Fox 36 RC2@150mm
Raceface Next R cranks
Absolute Black oval chainring
170mm Reverb

photo

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 7:12 Quote
kwietrick wrote:
2016 Jeffsy CF Pro
Cane Creek DBil coil
Fox 36 RC2@150mm
Raceface Next R cranks
170mm Reverb

photo

I know I should be accustomed to it by now, but I'm always surprised at how nice the CC and Kashima components look together. Love the black and gold. Super classy.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2018 at 7:42 Quote
[Quote="zsandstrom"]
kwietrick wrote:
2016 Jeffsy CF Pro
Cane Creek DBil coil
Fox 36 RC2@150mm
Raceface Next R cranks
170mm Reverb

I know I should be accustomed to it by now, but I'm always surprised at how nice the CC and Kashima components look together. Love the black and gold. Super classy.

Yeah i dig the looks. Since this photo i have gone to "stealth" decals on the fork and it looks much more finished.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.017996
Mobile Version of Website