Open the Connect Mobile App and authorize Trailforks?

PB Forum :: Trailforks Feedback
Open the Connect Mobile App and authorize Trailforks?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Aug 17, 2018 at 6:22 Quote
I was trying to add a route I made and when I go into the My Routes section of the Trailforks app on my Garmin Edge 1000 I get the message "Open the Connect Mobile App and authorize Trailforks".

How do I do this? I don't see anywhere in the app where you can authorize any applications, just add/remove or change settings for them.

Help please.

Mod Plus
Posted: Aug 21, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
When you see that message on your Edge device, there should be a notification on your phone, click that notificaiton and it will open the Garmin Connect app authorize screen.

Posted: May 6, 2019 at 23:12 Quote
canadaka wrote:
When you see that message on your Edge device, there should be a notification on your phone, click that notificaiton and it will open the Garmin Connect app authorize screen.

Hi!

I‘m a little stuck with the same problem. The message appears on the phone. It opens the connect app and I authorize. But nothing happens. If I repeat the process, I need to authorize again....

I have a Edge 520 with the current software 12.90

Mod Plus
Posted: May 7, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
I have a Garmin Edge 520 running software version 12.90 as well. I'm able to open the Trailforks app click "My Routes" and get the Trailforks login website to popup on my Android Phone. I can login fine and the Connect IQ app loads "My Routes". So all seems fine on my end.

What phone are you using?

Maybe try re-setting up the bluetooth connection between your Edge and your phone?

Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 12:20 Quote
Having the same problem with my new Edge 530 and iPhone X. Every time I try to use Trailforks on the 530, I’m prompted to sign in on my iPhone, but nothing happens. I know I’m using the correct login info since I can login to the Trailforks app on the iPhone directly. Tried deleting the app from the iPhone, deleting the app from the 530 and reinstalling, but no luck. Even tried to reset the 530, but that didn’t work either. Any thoughts?

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 14, 2021 at 15:10 Quote
That process with the Garmin does not use the iOS Trailforks app at all.

It's just your Garmin Edge communicating with the Garmin Connect iOS app that opens a webpage on trailforks.com to login.

Make sure all of these are updated.

Garmin Connect iOS app
Trailforks Garmin CiQ app on Edge.
Edge 530 firmware (plugin to PC with USB cable and run Garmin Express to update)

Posted: Jan 15, 2021 at 17:20 Quote
kompostman wrote:
canadaka wrote:

Hi!

I‘m a little stuck with the same problem. The message appears on the phone. It opens the connect app and I authorize. But nothing happens. If I repeat the process, I need to authorize again....

I have a Edge 520 with the current software 12.90

I have a Fenix 5S and I have the exact same problem. I authorize the app on the phone and nothing happens on the Fenix. I tried uninstalling the trailforks app from Garmin connect and forgetting the fenix 5s from the bluetooth connections on the phone and adding from scratch and still nothing

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 18, 2021 at 10:33 Quote
I see 5 successful API requests from your userid in the Garmin app, so it must be working for you?

Posted: Jan 22, 2021 at 14:56 Quote
I'm having exact same issue. Brand new Garmin Edge 530. Signed up for a trailforks account yesterday. I'm just stuck in a perpetual authorisation loop. Edge 530 newly setup - latest firmware.

Everytime I navigate into the trailforks app on the Edge I am prompted to sign in and authorise on my iPhone (which I duly do - have tried with email and username) then I get "No route data" on the Trailforks garmin app on the unit. Clicking on Nearby Routes or Browse Top Routes I get "No route data" also.

If I back out of the app and go back in I'm prompted yet again to login / authorise. Repeat ad infinitum. Any suggestions?

Mod Plus
Posted: Jan 24, 2021 at 13:42 Quote
I still have no idea about this No Route Data authorize issue, I cannot reproduce.

But fixed a different occasional error.

Routes that had non alpha numeric values in the title metadata field of the downloaded FIT file would crash. I fixed this by stripping out these characters and my test case works now with no IQ error. This fix was on the server/API side, so no app update is needed.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 19:40 Quote
Im getting this exact same authorize loop. Once I click authorize, I go back to the garmin and get "No Route Data", which then prompts me to login from my iphone app, to get back to a screen on my edge telling me to log in again

Seems to work fine on my fenix 6 but cant log in on my edge 830

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.005396
Mobile Version of Website