commencal clash

PB Forum :: Commencal
commencal clash
Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 5:38 Quote
acmills412 wrote:
Looking for some adivice on 2021 clash. From reading on here most people seem to be saying its a pretty big bike im on the limit of large touching XL at 188cm tall. wondering if a large will feel too small and likewise will the XL feel too big??

My friend is 190 cm tall, he said large fits him pretty good.

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 6:21 Quote
Has anyone experimented with the two shock positions yet? Noticeable? Preferences?

Posted: Sep 2, 2020 at 9:27 Quote
GCRDONO wrote:
acmills412 wrote:
Looking for some adivice on 2021 clash. From reading on here most people seem to be saying its a pretty big bike im on the limit of large touching XL at 188cm tall. wondering if a large will feel too small and likewise will the XL feel too big??

My friend is 190 cm tall, he said large fits him pretty good.

Thanks mate!

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 9:15 Quote
200mm brand x dropper fits clash 2019-20 large

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 11:05 Quote
Noeserd wrote:
200mm brand x dropper fits clash 2019-20 large

I have a 210mm OneUp on my 2020 Large.

Posted: Sep 3, 2020 at 15:17 Quote
Does anyone know how to remove the shock on the 2021 clash? Sorry very low mechanical skill

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 16:06 Quote
norcohavocdirtjumper wrote:
Need a bit of help from the freerider crew that run there clash for Freeride mainly.
Setting up my bike for a down"hill"ing day .... Lift access ....

I need help on what pressure to run ....
I think the front is fine .... 10% sag at around 120psi .... Rear seems over saggy for Freeride, at 25% sag & 220 ish psi .... Should I up to something like 280 in the rear? To make sure I don't bottom out when sending drops?

Thanks.

Varying on what you weigh just air it up below the shocks Max psi rating. I’m a fairly light dude at 150 LBS and I run my rear shock at 210 PSI

O+
Posted: Sep 4, 2020 at 16:09 Quote
Bike

Took a month but I’ve received my Replacement Rocker linkage and a full set of pivot bearings for my 2019 Clash.
I’m actually stoked on the black link over the color matched one I had before.

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 20:11 Quote
jamieSaunders wrote:
Bike

Took a month but I’ve received my Replacement Rocker linkage and a full set of pivot bearings for my 2019 Clash.
I’m actually stoked on the black link over the color matched one I had before.

Nice!

I think they upgraded the linkage this year , have fun

Posted: Sep 5, 2020 at 20:15 Quote
liamhutch89 wrote:
Has anyone experimented with the two shock positions yet? Noticeable? Preferences?

Not yet. I’d like to know too.

I’ve always run the factory setting which I think is sensitive due to the more technical nature of our local trails.

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 0:51 Quote
Received my 2021 Clash Race in size medium. At 6'2 this is the 'wrong' size for me according to Commencal's recommendation, but I had a good idea of what I wanted and 465mm reach is hardly small! I wanted something burly with lots of travel, but favouring agility over stability. A playful DH like bike that can be pedalled when needed. The medium Clash nails it.

Setting up the bike I found the zeb fork was diving more than I'd like at the recommended settings. I'm now running it 10 psi harder and with 8 (of 18 ) clicks of LSC and 3 (of 4) clicks of HSC. The rear shock was feeling nice straight away at 30% sag and 0 LSC, although I'm using all the travel on the shock before I do on the fork so I will check the flip chip and try the progressive option if it isn't already and then consider adding a volume spacer.

The only components I will change are the seat post as I really need the Oneup 210mm dropper at my height and the handlebar for one with 35-40mm rise as I like a high front end and the fork is cut too short to get any more than 15mm of spacers under the stem.

Yesterday I rode a push up bike park with DH runs and freeride runs. On the DH I felt faster than my previous XL Capra 29er as I could be more aggressive and muscle the bike around more due to its smaller size. Whether I was actually faster or not I don't know but it felt more exciting which is more important to me. On the freeride runs the clash was much better due to its greater manoeuvrability.

Here's a shot from the first day out on the bike. I'd never hit this drop before as it has an awkward run in where you need to turn a sharp corner on the skinny north shore at a slow pace, then get a quick crank in before the drop which is just short of 20 vertical feet to the landing but if you go too far it would be 35 feet to flat!

photo

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 8:34 Quote
liamhutch89 wrote:
Received my 2021 Clash Race in size medium. At 6'2 this is the 'wrong' size for me according to Commencal's recommendation, but I had a good idea of what I wanted and 465mm reach is hardly small! I wanted something burly with lots of travel, but favouring agility over stability. A playful DH like bike that can be pedalled when needed. The medium Clash nails it.

Setting up the bike I found the zeb fork was diving more than I'd like at the recommended settings. I'm now running it 10 psi harder and with 8 (of 18 ) clicks of LSC and 3 (of 4) clicks of HSC. The rear shock was feeling nice straight away at 30% sag and 0 LSC, although I'm using all the travel on the shock before I do on the fork so I will check the flip chip and try the progressive option if it isn't already and then consider adding a volume spacer.

The only components I will change are the seat post as I really need the Oneup 210mm dropper at my height and the handlebar for one with 35-40mm rise as I like a high front end and the fork is cut too short to get any more than 15mm of spacers under the stem.

Yesterday I rode a push up bike park with DH runs and freeride runs. On the DH I felt faster than my previous XL Capra 29er as I could be more aggressive and muscle the bike around more due to its smaller size. Whether I was actually faster or not I don't know but it felt more exciting which is more important to me. On the freeride runs the clash was much better due to its greater manoeuvrability.

Here's a shot from the first day out on the bike. I'd never hit this drop before as it has an awkward run in where you need to turn a sharp corner on the skinny north shore at a slow pace, then get a quick crank in before the drop which is just short of 20 vertical feet to the landing but if you go too far it would be 35 feet to flat!

photo

Thanks for this! I’m looking at 2021 clash for my self. I’m 6’ 34 inseam, and coming off a med 2011 Cannondale Jekyll. Thought i was buying a size large at the time but turned out to be a med. I can ride it fine and like how easy it is to maneuver and throw around, but the seated position is no good on it. I have the seat slid all the way back and I still hang over the back of the seat, it’s just way to short. The new bikes are a lot longer now and I noticed the New med Clash is longer and over all bigger then even the large Jekyll would have been. I thought I would just go with the recommended size for my height but I’m reconsidering that now. How does the bike feel for you when seated?

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 11:36 Quote
Reny28 wrote:
liamhutch89 wrote:

Thanks for this! I’m looking at 2021 clash for my self. I’m 6’ 34 inseam, and coming off a med 2011 Cannondale Jekyll. Thought i was buying a size large at the time but turned out to be a med. I can ride it fine and like how easy it is to maneuver and throw around, but the seated position is no good on it. I have the seat slid all the way back and I still hang over the back of the seat, it’s just way to short. The new bikes are a lot longer now and I noticed the New med Clash is longer and over all bigger then even the large Jekyll would have been. I thought I would just go with the recommended size for my height but I’m reconsidering that now. How does the bike feel for you when seated?

It's probably a bit short for an optimum pedalling position due to the steep seat angle but I can't really comment on it's efficiency as the dropper post is way too short for me at present and I have it slammed for maximum clearance. I would suspect Commencal's sizing recommendations are good for most people, perhaps a touch on the large side, but you could always get 10mm back with a 5mm reach adjust headset and 35mm stem.

Posted: Sep 6, 2020 at 22:36 Quote
Cool thanks, I’m pretty sure I could get used to a medium no problem coming off my current bike. I come from a bmx back round, and my first mtb is super small. So it’s kind of all I know. I would love to test ride a few different sized bikes and get a feel for what they recommend as the correct size.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015880
Mobile Version of Website