27.5 Chromag Stylus Size Recommendations

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
27.5 Chromag Stylus Size Recommendations
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 17:31 Quote
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a decision between Chromag's M/L or large frame size. I sit right in between the two sizes at 6'1" according to Chromag's sizing guidance. I plan on riding this just on just about everything but love to hit the dirt jumps. Being that I plan to use it as both my local train hunter AND my regular dirt jumper, it makes it that much more difficult to decide on a size.

I ride a large Evil Calling and an XL in most Santa Cruz bikes (they tend to run small). I'm just trying to get a feel of what other people around the same height are riding. Thanks in advance!

Steve

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 17:41 Quote
steveczech wrote:
Hey guys, I'm trying to make a decision between Chromag's M/L or large frame size. I sit right in between the two sizes at 6'1" according to Chromag's sizing guidance. I plan on riding this just on just about everything but love to hit the dirt jumps. Being that I plan to use it as both my local train hunter AND my regular dirt jumper, it makes it that much more difficult to decide on a size.

I ride a large Evil Calling and an XL in most Santa Cruz bikes (they tend to run small). I'm just trying to get a feel of what other people around the same height are riding. Thanks in advance!

Steve

You have to make the compromise - for a trailbike you should be on the l chromag (I am 5'9" and ride the m/l). The m/l would be good for you as a dirt jumper but will be way small for you as a trailbike.

O+
Posted: Oct 3, 2018 at 0:16 Quote
onemind123 wrote:

You have to make the compromise - for a trailbike you should be on the l chromag (I am 5'9" and ride the m/l). The m/l would be good for you as a dirt jumper but will be way small for you as a trailbike.[/Quote]

That's what I was thinking. Thanks, man.

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 16:36 Quote
I'm in the same(ish) boat. 6', and trying to decide btw m/l and l. I dont dirt jump, like techy climbs, but also steep rowdy downs. Chromag suggests L but I'm worried the gargantuan top tube/reach will kill the playfulness (whole reason for a 275 ht Imo)

Thoughts? I'm coming off a 2015 Troy in a L which is short for me, but not crazy short.

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 17:03 Quote
Hey guys. I’m 6’0 and I actually just went through this ordeal. I bought a 2017 Stylus in size L after owning a 2014 Stylus (26”) that was also a L. I figured since I loved how my old one rode then i would stick with the same size. Unfortunately after building up the new bike I found that wasn’t true. I’m lucky enough to have a few other “large” sized bikes and this thing is a lot longer. I could never come to terms with the handling of the new frame. It is very stable and confident inspiring on steep stuff but for jumps and regular single track it was way to much bike for me. I’m a decent rider but I’m no pro so this is just my own personal experience. The front end was just way to far out in front of me and combined with the low stack height I was reaching way to far for my bars on climbs and I found it really hard to get the front end up. My old Stylus would manual without any effort. I didn’t end up riding it much at all and instead just built a new Wideangle in M/L with the parts of the Stylus and it seems spot on. Expensive mistake on my part! The M/L wideangle is still a long and slack and bike and it shares almost all the same geometry numbers as the Stylus. It is much more agile and fits perfect. Hope this super long rant helps and if you want a killer deal on a perfect large Stylus frame that still brand new look at my for sale site on PB!

Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 17:06 Quote
By the way my other bike is a 2017 large sized Reign which is not a short bike and the M/L has almost the exact same reach

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
I ended up going M/L and really like the fit... nice and snappy and maneuverable. My buddy is about the same height as me 6'1"; I sat on his Stylus and it just felt huge. For long rides on the bike with steep, long climbs and rough decents, I think it would be a bit better, but I think I made the right choice with the smaller frame.

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2019 at 23:02 Quote
Sorry... duplicate post

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015452
Mobile Version of Website