Tennis Elbow

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Tennis Elbow
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 4, 2018 at 10:38 Quote
Anyone had a bad case of tennis elbow? Any tips to heal or downhill again? How long did it take?

O+
Posted: Oct 6, 2018 at 22:19 Quote
I've struggled with tennis elbow for about a year and a half but it's actually from tennis. Biking doesn't bother if at all. There are a number of stretches and light weight exercises you can find online that should help. Nothing but time and doing your exercises will help.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 4:57 Quote
try kinesiology tape, load of instructions on the web to apply it, it'll ease the pain for sure, probably could do with some physio too,

O+
Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 13:39 Quote
roboticus wrote:
try kinesiology tape, load of instructions on the web to apply it, it'll ease the pain for sure, probably could do with some physio too,

For actual tennis elbow that likely won't do anything as it's an inflamed tendon. Physio is a good idea though.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 14:44 Quote
your right it wont cure it, it helps to support it

Mod
Posted: Oct 11, 2018 at 0:54 Quote
I have tennis elbow and golfers elbow right now, which has led to other problems in the arm and shoulder.

I went and got something called Graston done on it yesterday followed by ultrasound and have another three sessions in the coming weeks. It’s already feeling slightly better.

Posted: Dec 23, 2018 at 15:14 Quote
Once pain subsides get wide rubber band that you see on broccoli. Place fingers inside and open and close fingers. Strengthens tendons.

Posted: Dec 27, 2018 at 12:47 Quote
any updates here?

also struggleing with golfer (since 6months) and now something like a tennis elbow which just affects the forearm not the elbow itself... pain in the a..

I´m started stretching alot... hopefully this will help to get rid of it... no biking and sports didn´t help.

t3rry wrote:
I have tennis elbow and golfers elbow right now, which has led to other problems in the arm and shoulder.

I went and got something called Graston done on it yesterday followed by ultrasound and have another three sessions in the coming weeks. It’s already feeling slightly better.

Mod
Posted: Jan 2, 2019 at 18:29 Quote
yeah, the graston did wonders. I did a I think 8 sessions over a month, and then started expanding out to every couple weeks. Was definitely worth it. Still have the occasional twinge of pain, but it's 99% better!

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 15:25 Quote
I have fought with this for last 25yrs, had two surgery’s to reattach tendons.
What after years of work has finally kept it at bay and allows me to ride is this stretch.
Palms up fingers down against the wall at shoulder height and slowly work till u can get full arm extension.
For years they had me stretching the putter muscle and tendons that where inflamed and it just seemed to make things worse.
Now stretching the opposite side relaxes the outer takes the strain off and they heal.
Combine that with Motrin to reduce inflammation after 5yrs i can finally moto again without my hand slipping off the grip.
Fortunately it’s only my right arm affected badly
My first impression was this is the wrong side of the arm to stretch hows this gonna help.
Your forearm muscles are considerably stronger on inside forearm vs outside.

Posted: Mar 5, 2019 at 23:10 Quote
after several different approaches which stretching and stuff… I´ve found out that forearm training (both sides) are the solution for me. I´m focusing on the eccentric movement, especially when you start with these exercises. I´m slowly letting the handle bar go down and support with the other hand to go up. Currently I do both directions without support as my pain is almost gone…

try it for a couple days… I tried alot of different stuff but only these exercises really worked for me.

Posted: Apr 24, 2019 at 18:27 Quote
bankstreetwriter wrote:
Anyone had a bad case of tennis elbow? Any tips to heal or downhill again? How long did it take?

Freeze water in a Dixie cup, peel off the bottom half of the cup and do an ice massage with it. Probably a couple minutes and it will be too cold to continue. Then take a heating pad and heat it for about 20 min or so. Repeat this a few times. This stimulates blood flow which helps with healing.

As far as stretching (my tennis elbow radiated down my forearm), hold arm straight out and stretch your hand down or up or both (depending on pain location). Even holding this stretch against a wall works. Also, just deeply massaging the sore area helps loosen things up and promotes bloodflow.

Mod
Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 11:39 Quote
How have people done in the long run? Mines a bit complex as I have tennis and golfers.

So a year later and I’m combatting it in both elbows now. The Graston does help and I continue to go for adjustments on both arms, but it appears tennis elbow is just a part of my life right now. These days it hurts to pick up a water bottle and lift it to chest height. Also dealing with pain and numbness in both hands that rarely goes away now.

Posted: Oct 15, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
bankstreetwriter wrote:
I tried elbow strap(putting pressure on the forearm muscle) and that did nothing for me.
Exercising it using this device: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KGOMBC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Helped very much. I exercised it for couple of weeks, and I think pain went away in little over a month.
Previously it bothered me for maybe 2 months.

I exercised the forearm muscles for maybe 15 min at the time.

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2019 at 19:22 Quote
t3rry wrote:
How have people done in the long run? Mines a bit complex as I have tennis and golfers.

So a year later and I’m combatting it in both elbows now. The Graston does help and I continue to go for adjustments on both arms, but it appears tennis elbow is just a part of my life right now. These days it hurts to pick up a water bottle and lift it to chest height. Also dealing with pain and numbness in both hands that rarely goes away now.

I hear you t3rry!

I have Tennis in the left elbow and both Tennis and Golfers in the right elbow. I also have an neck injury (dirt biking) that causes electric shock-like pain down my right arm, as well as numbness and tingling in my hand. Fun! I've had Tennis elbow before and it took almost a year to clear up. But this round has been lingering for well over a year. The joys of ageing and being haunted by stupid injuries from the past.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.012331
Mobile Version of Website