Seat Dropper Opinion

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Seat Dropper Opinion
  • Previous Page
Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 21:02 Quote
Hi,

I have a Rockshox Reverb that lost pressure recently and needs what looks like a complete rebuild. Im happy to spend time doing this but im also aware this is the second fault with Reverbs and perhaps better option.

Am I better spending up to US$100 and alot of time to rebuild a 3 year old seat dropper or buy a new one? Then of course which oneSmile

Thanks

Chris

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 21:29 Quote
I have a 2016 reverb, that moves both up and down, and turns a small bit. Mine needs a complete rebuild, but instead of spending $$$ to have it work properly, going to use it until I can afford a Cable actuated dropper. There's a few good ones out there, I think OneUp is one of those. I think in the long term, the reverb will have issues again, and I'm not against Sram, I just think there are better options.

Posted: Oct 7, 2018 at 21:51 Quote
Yeah thanks for your opinion. Im of exact same thought. Even perhaps same dropper. I like the look of the Thomson ones. I run a Stumpjumper where i drilled a whole to make internal. Worked fine for SRAM but makes me think I should go a Specialized dropper.

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 3:18 Quote
SDG Tellis has zero play. Only time will tell.

P.S
That bunny is cute.

Posted: Oct 8, 2018 at 10:13 Quote
I'd sell you existing post and get something new. Ever if you stick with the reverb the newer B1 version is much more reliable and has the improved IFP.

Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 2:39 Quote
Reverb? Faults?
)))

C'mon, get rid of that garbage and never come back.

BikeYoke or OneUP !

Posted: Oct 9, 2018 at 14:33 Quote
Yep if you want to spend more get the bike yoke revive.
If cost is the main concern get the one up.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 3:19 Quote
my externally routed KS lev is excellent, would buy again though expensive

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 3:57 Quote
Vastusaurus wrote:
my externally routed KS lev is excellent, would buy again though expensive

Brand X.

O+
Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 17:36 Quote
The new Oneup dropper.

Posted: Oct 22, 2018 at 20:50 Quote
Personally, I’m hoping they come out with more options, the only dropper that makes sense for me is the Thompson since I have an old frame & measured 27.2 @ 127mm drop. Consider yourself lucky to have options Smile The KS stuff looks pretty good to me, but I have no experience. Doesn’t Fox have something?

Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 8:08 Quote
Any opinions on DVO Garnet from users of them?

FL
Posted: Oct 23, 2018 at 8:58 Quote
I used to have a Reverb 125mm, never had any problems with it I couldn't fix myself (probably just lucky). New bike has a BikeYoke Revive 185mm, it's worked perfect every time and I'm able to drop the seat well out of the way on descents.

Posted: Oct 24, 2018 at 21:09 Quote
I'd definitely cut your losses with a reverb and buy something else, it'll only keep failing on you.

The Bike Yoke Revive seems the cream of the crop right now and the Fox Transfer also has a getting reputation. Personally I've had good experiences with KS droppers but others have not.

O+
Posted: Oct 27, 2018 at 4:13 Quote
Wait for the Manitou dropper coming out soon. I have one already and its amazing Smile Long term reviews also give it very good reviews. Well know respected manufacturer as well

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012591
Mobile Version of Website