RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
RSD Middlechild & RS-291 - Builds & Chat
O+
Posted: Apr 23, 2023 at 7:37 Quote
james-chainbrothers-mtb wrote:
Ordered the 291 - gonna put Saints on it too. Very excited!

radical! Post up when it's built!

Posted: May 1, 2023 at 18:24 Quote
photo

I want to increase fork travel to 160 and also it needs far more OTT but unfortunately that’s internally adjusted…

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 5:27 Quote
My new Middlechild v2. I am in LOVE with this bike. It just feels telepathic, and did from the first pedal stroke.
Set up as 29x2.6.

photo
photo

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 6:36 Quote
[/PI]

I want to increase fork travel to 160 and also it needs far more OTT but unfortunately that’s internally adjusted…

which fork are you running? Isn't the OTT adjustment on the bottom? I have an Onyx SC 160 on mine, rides great.

O+
Posted: May 2, 2023 at 6:37 Quote
flgfish wrote:
My new Middlechild v2. I am in LOVE with this bike. It just feels telepathic, and did from the first pedal stroke.
Set up as 29x2.6.

photo

Congrats! here's to many an awesome ride.

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 14:33 Quote
photo

What pedals are you using?

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 18:17 Quote
DoctorHotwings wrote:
photo

What pedals are you using?

Kona Wah wah 2 - I have bigger feet and they work great.

Posted: May 2, 2023 at 18:21 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
[/PI]

which fork are you running? Isn't the OTT adjustment on the bottom? I have an Onyx SC 160 on mine, rides great.

Hey it came with the DVO Diamond 2 (formerly beryl)- the adjustment is internal - have to take it apart to adjust the travel and the OTT. Then it’s a guess and back together.

Internal for that part makes no sense… but I guess once I have it thereabouts it should be ok.

O+
Posted: May 3, 2023 at 6:40 Quote
jesse-effing-edwards wrote:
[/PI]

Hey it came with the DVO Diamond 2 (formerly beryl)- the adjustment is internal - have to take it apart to adjust the travel and the OTT. Then it’s a guess and back together.

Internal for that part makes no sense… but I guess once I have it thereabouts it should be ok.

That is weird. It's a weird adjustment and seems to get messed up easily.

Posted: May 4, 2023 at 19:48 Quote
I've been running my MC 27.5 x 2.8 for over a year now. Anyone out there ran theirs in mullet?

Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 6:48 Quote
Seems like it been a while since anyone posted.

Just a general question i have 3 full suspension bikes, im looking to sell them all as i have gotten good deals on them now i want to cash in and make some profit on all of them, after that im thinking of building an aggressive hard tail, there is a rsd MC for sale for about $500, i got a good deal on a fox 38 160mm. for $550

Would it be ok to run a 160mm on a rsd mc, feel like it would make for a nice aggressive hardtail, can still climb well and handle so down hill.

Any feedback would be great.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 7:53 Quote
kranked350z wrote:
Seems like it been a while since anyone posted.

Just a general question i have 3 full suspension bikes, im looking to sell them all as i have gotten good deals on them now i want to cash in and make some profit on all of them, after that im thinking of building an aggressive hard tail, there is a rsd MC for sale for about $500, i got a good deal on a fox 38 160mm. for $550

Would it be ok to run a 160mm on a rsd mc, feel like it would make for a nice aggressive hardtail, can still climb well and handle so down hill.

Any feedback would be great.

Ran mine for a year and a half with a Fox 36 at 160 and it was awesome.

O+
Posted: Feb 26, 2024 at 14:03 Quote
I've had an MC and 291 and personally think the MC with a 160 would be a bit much. That fork would work well on a 291, though!. That bike is quite well suited to the 140 and I think would be good with a 130 too, but the seat angle might get a little slack with a 160 and BB too high for my liking. Might be worthing looking into a 140 air shaft for the 36 if possible. I had a 291 with a 160 and now run that fork on a wildcat as 140. Just my two cents.

Posted: Mar 24, 2024 at 21:43 Quote
I have run my MC at 160 w/ a 27.5 fork. It's great, but a bit too slack for tighter/steeper climbing that I do on many of my rides, so I usually run it at 140 and save 160 for enduro style trails.

I would not run it 160 with a 29 fork.

Posted: Mar 27, 2024 at 21:35 Quote
The 291 climbs really well… and goes down well- prob better suited to the 160 fork.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014148
Mobile Version of Website