Transition Patrol or Santa Cruz Bronson?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Transition Patrol or Santa Cruz Bronson?
  • Next Page
Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 20:25 Quote
cmittel11 wrote:
I just picked up a 2019 aluminum patrol(37lbs). Fox factory 36 and dpx2 and cascade link. I'm coming from a 2019 YT Capra pro race 29 (34.5lbs). The patrol definitely feels heavier on the climbs. Seems playful so far but I've only ridden on xc trails, need to get a shuttle or park day in soon. The weight is definitely holding this thing back a little. Eventually would like to try a coil on it. Anyone have any weights on a 2021 Bronson?
37 lbs?? I’ve got a 2018 Patrol alloy and I’m at 34.2 lbs. I’ve got a lot of lighter weight stuff. Love the bike. Probably going to get a cascade link soon too.

Posted: Jan 3, 2022 at 23:24 Quote
hi there, does anyone have the new mullet patrol and can tell me how it rides?
i rode a full 29 spesh enduro but now i wanna try something that doesnt hit my my ass in the steeps

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 18:29 Quote
Really torn between the Bronson and Patrol right now! Demoed the Bronson at Oakridge last September. Super fun! Sold on the mullet concept! But that new Patrol looks oh so capable and the XT spec at that price way overshadows the XT level Bronson at +1500K. I’ve got 2 buddies, one solid intermediate/one solid advanced, both regularly seeking out the blacks/double blacks at Tiger/Raging. All 3 of us are longtime SC devotees. They both just got new bikes. Wait for it……Patrols.

Posted: Jan 5, 2022 at 23:23 Quote
I've owned both transition's and sc's for several years and they are two of my favorite companies, but if I had to choose between the two I would go with sc as the quality is better imo, transition's paint in my experiences has always been questionable and I know it's nitpicking but it is what it is. That being said I have a transition scout on the way, also I keep wanting to not like my bronson I picked up about six months ago to have as spare bike but it actually has become my go to bike.

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 1:42 Quote
sc and tr are cool. i have to go for a patrol frame bc its not pricey at all and i am still a student. And sc has another shock type then my spesh enduro that i currently own. cool that the transition use th 205mm trunnion mount, so i can put my coil on the patrolBig Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Eek

Posted: Jan 6, 2022 at 5:05 Quote
natas2125 wrote:
I've owned both transition's and sc's for several years and they are two of my favorite companies, but if I had to choose between the two I would go with sc as the quality is better imo, transition's paint in my experiences has always been questionable and I know it's nitpicking but it is what it is. That being said I have a transition scout on the way, also I keep wanting to not like my bronson I picked up about six months ago to have as spare bike but it actually has become my go to bike.

I saw a Spur for sale with a chunk of paint missing where the owner removed some frame protection like Invisiframe. I would be pissed and expect a warranty replacement if that happened.

I am trying to decide whether to go Transition myself after a long time with SC. The Spur has my interest, but also looking at the Tallboy, or possibly even a Blur. Already have a longer travel HTLT.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.015678
Mobile Version of Website