2019 Stumpjumper Evo

PB Forum :: Specialized
2019 Stumpjumper Evo
Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 7:37 Quote
Clear coat, not a real raw finish

O+
Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 23:00 Quote
Just bought this (lightly used) 27.5 frame from a friend and built up with parts I already had. Only stock parts are headset and shock.
Spec highlights include:
- Cane Creek Helm fork sitting at 160mm
- DT E512 rims on XT hubs - cush core in rear
- Shimano SLX 12sp drivetrain with XT shifter
- PNW Bachelor dropper post
- PNW bars, stem & grips right now
- Shimano MT500 4 piston brakes on RT86 rotors

Modded the shock today to remove the travel spacer and fitted a bigger volume spacer, feels pretty great on the descents now, super planted and stable. This is a FAST bike!

I'm going to be making a few other changes soon, including bumping fork up to 170mm, Code RSC brakes, likely some new cranks...

Stumpy Evo

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 23:34 Quote
Congratulations! Glad you're enjoying it.

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 23:48 Quote
It's just me, or there are a lot of Evos for sale at the Buysell?

O+
Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 1:41 Quote
Haha, I see the same now. I wanted to sell the bike, as I just moved to Portugal and didn't had time to explore, but I'm not sad it didn't sell. I also want to start exploring this amazing place Big Grin

Arierep wrote:

Posted: Mar 30, 2020 at 12:17 Quote
Arierep wrote:

Yes there is. Probably a couple of reasons - it's been just about 2 years since the Evo was announced and there is a lot of them available since Specialized sold way more than was anticipated.

Having the latest and greatest drives the whole mtb industry. It's called "upgraditus". Wink

Posted: Apr 5, 2020 at 8:22 Quote
Looking to get a new dropper on this bad boy. What droppers/travel do you guys have?

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 6:24 Quote
jaydawg69 wrote:
One Up

What travel ? How much sticks out of post ?

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 7:27 Quote
Ohiomtbwannab wrote:
jaydawg69 wrote:
One Up

What travel ? How much sticks out of post ?

180mm . Can slam it or bring it quite a bit.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 21:33 Quote
Was looking at the pnw bachelor 200mm post...any of you guys have it? I’d much rather slam it

O+
Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 20:43 Quote
Pley90 wrote:
Was looking at the pnw bachelor 200mm post...any of you guys have it? I’d much rather slam it
I'm running a 170mm Bachelor. I like it, it's been pretty reliable. It's developed a little bit of play, but to their credit, they were super fast to respond to my email and offered to replace it. I declined as it doesn't bother me that much.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 16:12 Quote
Anyone know the correct size for the bb on the 27.5 comp alloy? Tx!

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 18:11 Quote
The actual bottom bracket? Threaded 73mm

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
notthatfast wrote:
Pley90 wrote:
I'm running a 170mm Bachelor. I like it, it's been pretty reliable. It's developed a little bit of play, but to their credit, they were super fast to respond to my email and offered to replace it. I declined as it doesn't bother me that much.

Awesome man thanks!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012702
Mobile Version of Website