Intense recluse 2017 enduro build

PB Forum :: Intense
Intense recluse 2017 enduro build
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Dec 14, 2018 at 3:54 Quote
Hey guys

I am looking to build up a recluse frame with my enduro bike components
I was gonna use a 216x63 shock with offset bushings, bumping up the travel to 155 and a 170 fork in the front
WIth the angleset I can adjust the head and seat angle in the end, only thing is that the BB will be higher how much I cant figure out.

For the rest I would use dtswiss ex1501 enduro wheels, sram x1, need to change BB to PF with my raceface aeffect cranks, lyrik 170, fox x2 with low tune.

Frame size will be XL I am 6 1 tall so reach of 480 ish will fit well, I am sizing up as I am in the middle.

Opinions??

Posted: Dec 16, 2018 at 20:49 Quote
I'm really not sure what that oversized shock will do to the bike or if it'll even fit. It may do some strange things to the leverage curve. A tracer frame would seem to make more sense. The rest of the build sounds great!

Posted: Dec 17, 2018 at 12:01 Quote
I have offset bushes on my recluse.

I took off the front shock bolt pulled up on the bike until travel locked out.

The max from my estimation would be 10mm longer eye to eye.

I noticed the bash guard mount on the bottom of the bb is about 5mm from touching the rear triangle.

Posted: Feb 16, 2019 at 6:28 Quote
Be careful on sizing. There's a tall seat tube on that bike. I am 6' 2" and originally ordered an XL. Way too big. Get on fine with a L even if it's a shade too small..

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 9:20 Quote
reverend27 wrote:

I noticed the bash guard mount on the bottom of the bb is about 5mm from touching the rear triangle.

I somehow lost this thread I appreciated the answers.

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 9:22 Quote
BikePilotOne wrote:
I'm really not sure what that oversized shock will do to the bike or if it'll even fit. It may do some strange things to the leverage curve. A tracer frame would seem to make more sense. The rest of the build sounds great!

It will fit but that is a wild experiment... leverage curve might become more linear but as it approaches the bottom should not change things.
I think the biggest issue is geo change

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
reverend27 wrote:

appreciated

Posted: Feb 18, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
starsky03 wrote:
Be careful on sizing. There's a tall seat tube on that bike. I am 6' 2" and originally ordered an XL. Way too big. Get on fine with a L even if it's a shade too small..

I sat on a Large it is quite low the seat tube... wow I wasnt thinking about that. It is way too short for my taste the size large

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012094
Mobile Version of Website