Getting the most of a 2018 Intense Carbine when climbing

PB Forum :: Intense
Getting the most of a 2018 Intense Carbine when climbing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Mar 3, 2019 at 21:56 Quote
Curious to see if I am getting the most out of my Carbine when climbing. a 2018 Intense Carbine with a Works angleset 2 degree headset and an assortment of other goodies. My one gripe with my Carbine is the slack seattube angle and I’m really wanting to try and make up for it just for comfort on those longer daily rides that I enjoy doing frequently because of the descent that I am rewarded with when I get to the top.

Riding my Carbine with its now

63.5 degree headtube angle
44mm offset 160mm fork
1244mm wheelbase
445mm chainstays
74.25 seattube angle
341mm BB height

A few notes about my current setup, 30mm length stem (30mm of spacers underneath my stem), ENVE HDH 46mm rise handlebars cut down to 790mm, slammed saddle, 150mm dropper flush with the frame, eagle GX/X01 drivetrain, Truvativ Carbon 175mm cranks, HT X2 pedals, 32T chainring, DH casing DHF front and rear and ENVE M930 rims it is a phenomenal bike. Weighs 33 lbs so it’s no feather weight but I can get to the top with enough umph left to rip and tear on the descents and have fun. It’s not the most comfortable when climbing on those longer rides but as long as the descent is worth it then I’ll keep going to get to the top. I’m just left wanting something a little bit better.

For reference, this is my one and only hobby and passion. I’m 5’8 and my Intense frame is a size large As I enjoy the large cockpit and sprawling wheelbase as at speed it is stable and sturdy. I’ve been considering selling my frame to swap my parts over to a new frame.

photo

Posted: Mar 7, 2019 at 10:48 Quote
@op how do you like that works angle set? Im really considering one for my 2018 primer.

As for comfort I know you said you liked the room of the large but you might be more comfortable on a medium for longer rides. Also have you had your shop fit the bike to you. That made a huge difference for me

Posted: Apr 16, 2020 at 9:47 Quote
I'm just under 6'0 and a large fits perfect. Maybe it's not the carbine but the size. I run a 30mm stem and it's perfect, I can't imagine a large fitting you properly as it's its a big bike in general. I think a medium would give you a lot more control over the bike and just fit you much better. Food for thought. Or go to a Primer size medium, that would be perfect in my opinion. Good luck!

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010098
Mobile Version of Website