Has anyone debated 26" vs. 27.5"?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Has anyone debated 26" vs. 27.5"?
| Next Page
Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
I like your explanation. It makes sense the way you say it, now.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 8:51 Quote
a-prufrock wrote:

Thanks!

I used to work for a custom builder. My favourite projects were always spec'ing bikes for riders far outside the norm, especially for very small women. Bikes are designed for the "average" rider, which is approximately a 5'11", 175 lb man.
Some of the women I assisted were under 5' and 100 lbs; most aspects of their bikes were terribly mismatched to their needs.

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
Bikes are designed for the "average" rider, which is approximately a 5'11", 175 lb man.

That's me! Score!

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
fielonator wrote:
R-M-R wrote:
Bikes are designed for the "average" rider, which is approximately a 5'11", 175 lb man.

That's me! Score!

I'm close, too, at 6', 180 lb.

The world is our oyster. Let us go forth and underperform in ergonomic bliss. lol

Posted: Aug 18, 2019 at 23:49 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
fielonator wrote:
R-M-R wrote:

That's me! Score!

I'm close, too, at 6', 180 lb.

The world is our oyster. Let us go forth and underperform in ergonomic bliss. lol

It's not really me. I'm 5'8" with 4' legs, no torso, arms on backwards and an ape index of +30". There's not much of anything that fits well.

Posted: Aug 19, 2019 at 0:03 Quote
fielonator wrote:
It's not really me. I'm 5'8" with 4' legs, no torso, arms on backwards and an ape index of +30". There's not much of anything that fits well.

But when you find something that fits you, it will surely be in the Clearance section, so that's a plus Wink

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 15:41 Quote
R-M-R wrote:
a-prufrock wrote:

Thanks!

I used to work for a custom builder. My favourite projects were always spec'ing bikes for riders far outside the norm, especially for very small women. Bikes are designed for the "average" rider, which is approximately a 5'11", 175 lb man.
Some of the women I assisted were under 5' and 100 lbs; most aspects of their bikes were terribly mismatched to their needs.

That's awesome! Yeah floating at 6'4 makes it hard to find matching bikes for myself, but also gives the opportunity to create bikes that work for me.

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013153
Mobile Version of Website