Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Steel is Real (Steel Bikes Only Thread).
Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 4:13 Quote
I love the shape of the Oddity - it looks really well proportioned.

Posted: Jan 22, 2020 at 9:43 Quote
fartymarty wrote:
I love the shape of the Oddity - it looks really well proportioned.

Pretty cool, but very aptly named.
The seat tube troubles me a little, it looks more like it has been crushed rather than curved.

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 12:29 Quote
russellherman wrote:
photo

Well got it out on a snowy ride and it feels so good. Unfortunately it was on a road a short single track due to time limitations. I am hoping that I can get out this weekend if time permits for a proper ride. One of my usual quick loops, connector and Rocky screech in the Crawford riding area in Kelowna.

It's one that I know quite well and will be able to get a good feel coming off an older giant reign x 26er.

Built it up on as much of a budget as possible as I originally wasn't planing on buying a whole new frame set from Ferrum but it was too good of a deal. So the rest of the parts are about as budget as you can get. Had to pretty mich beg, borrow and steal parts off the old bike to get it completed. But it rides super nice and can't wait to get it out on a proper trail.

Weight as it stands is 37 lbs of steel and AL goodness.

Ferrum Bikes NV 145

Another Ferrum Bikes frame checking in!

Posted: Feb 7, 2020 at 14:50 Quote
Nictue wrote:
russellherman wrote:
photo

Well got it out on a snowy ride and it feels so good. Unfortunately it was on a road a short single track due to time limitations. I am hoping that I can get out this weekend if time permits for a proper ride. One of my usual quick loops, connector and Rocky screech in the Crawford riding area in Kelowna.

It's one that I know quite well and will be able to get a good feel coming off an older giant reign x 26er.

Built it up on as much of a budget as possible as I originally wasn't planing on buying a whole new frame set from Ferrum but it was too good of a deal. So the rest of the parts are about as budget as you can get. Had to pretty mich beg, borrow and steal parts off the old bike to get it completed. But it rides super nice and can't wait to get it out on a proper trail.

Weight as it stands is 37 lbs of steel and AL goodness.

Ferrum Bikes NV 145

Another Ferrum Bikes frame checking in!

Sick, Love the full black with little bit of color.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 12:27 Quote
I saw the new Moxie full suspension in the flesh yesterday. It was the longer version. I had a little spin on it and it felt really well proportioned. The guy asked me not to take any photos, but it's due for release in April. Looks banger, more refined than the Starling or Marino frames in my opinion.

O+
Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 13:06 Quote
Does anyone here own a Marino full sus? Are the bearings decent quality and how heavy is it compared to other bikes?

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 13:16 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
Does anyone here own a Marino full sus? Are the bearings decent quality and how heavy is it compared to other bikes?

Aribr has Marino FS bikes as well as HT's, drop him a message.

Posted: Feb 20, 2020 at 14:59 Quote
metaam wrote:
I saw the new Moxie full suspension in the flesh yesterday. It was the longer version. I had a little spin on it and it felt really well proportioned. The guy asked me not to take any photos, but it's due for release in April. Looks banger, more refined than the Starling or Marino frames in my opinion.

Can’t wait to see that!

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 5:14 Quote
It’s real but rides like a dream
photo

Posted: Feb 23, 2020 at 6:10 Quote
splayleg wrote:
photo

Like it. I definitely getting gravel bike curious.

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 13:38 Quote
splayleg wrote:
photo

You been riding in Australia or something lately? lol

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 16:35 Quote
My Chromag WideAngle. M/L frame, -2 degree headset, Fox 36 160mm fork. Chromag, OneUp, North Shore Billet, PNW and Shimano XT components. 11-50 cassette, 4 piston brakes

photo

photo

Posted: Feb 24, 2020 at 17:56 Quote
my custom cromoly marino its 170mm front and back, hope hubs with i 25 rims, raceface chester crank with one up pedals lytik rc2dh and a vivid shock raceface d2 stems spank 800 vibrocore bars zee brakes with icetech rotors and blackout 10 speed drivetrain

photo

O+
Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 8:07 Quote
cyberoptixs wrote:
my custom cromoly marino its 170mm front and back, hope hubs with i 25 rims, raceface chester crank with one up pedals lytik rc2dh and a vivid shock raceface d2 stems spank 800 vibrocore bars zee brakes with icetech rotors and blackout 10 speed drivetrain

photo

Do you know roughly what it weighs and what size it is? I am seriously considering one if it isn't like 35+ lbs.

Posted: Feb 25, 2020 at 10:44 Quote
93EXCivic wrote:
cyberoptixs wrote:

photo

Do you know roughly what it weighs and what size it is? I am seriously considering one if it isn't like 35+ lbs.

Well the frame alone is 6.5 kgs mines a large I can tell you what it weights when I take it to the bike shop next week

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.021960
Mobile Version of Website