Santa Cruz Megatower

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz Megatower
Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 10:18 Quote
I rode a Megatower last weekend and now am planning to sell my Bronson V3 to get one... thing felt like a pillow on the roughest trails compared to my Bronson! Definitely didn't feel as poppy to me, but everything else felt light years ahead of my bike. I immediately felt more comfortable on someone else's bike with a smaller frame than my own that I've been on for a year and a half!

Posted: Feb 9, 2020 at 17:29 Quote
Megatower on order!

O+
Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 17:15 Quote
On these chainstay flip chip comments earlier: Did you folks check your rear hub bearings?

I had my rear wheel acting funny; and the bearings went from having a kinda wobbly rear wheel to completely shredded bearings super quick. Replacing them fixed the issue.

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 4, 2020 at 17:36 Quote
boomshakkalagga wrote:
On these chainstay flip chip comments earlier: Did you folks check your rear hub bearings?

I had my rear wheel acting funny; and the bearings went from having a kinda wobbly rear wheel to completely shredded bearings super quick. Replacing them fixed the issue.

What hub do you have?

Posted: Mar 6, 2020 at 0:30 Quote
if its the R mega sram 746 those are shite to begin with and really annyoing to work with

Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 7:53 Quote
Has anyone noticed a slight "thunk" noise coming from near the linkage about 60-70% through the travel?

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 7, 2020 at 15:28 Quote
2100 km of abuse and no linkage clunk here.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 3:02 Quote
Hi,
Has anyone swapped to a 230x60 shock size?
I can get a much better deal on one.
Just curious as to what effect the small stroke difference would have.
Thanks

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 5:43 Quote
not sure what shock do you have but the rock shox air 230 is a 65mm stroke with an added spacer to 57.5...dont know about the coil one. so depending on the spacer added, you end up with strokes of 65, 60 and 57.5mm.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 5:46 Quote
here is a short summary video of myself riding my megatower in Morzine.
https://www.pinkbike.com/video/512729/

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 7:04 Quote
jhowlett wrote:
Hi,
Has anyone swapped to a 230x60 shock size?
I can get a much better deal on one.
Just curious as to what effect the small stroke difference would have.
Thanks

Y ah but haven't had enough time to form opinions. Lots of people on mtbr have went to 230x60mm.

Posted: Mar 8, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
great thanks just as long as it will fit.
the x2 will take up any slack over an above the superdelux air

Posted: Mar 9, 2020 at 1:20 Quote
few rides down on my Pushed bomber cr. Only upsides from OE SD

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 8:01 Quote
Welp, pulling the trigger on a Mega this weekend. Stoked! Getting the X01 build and swapping out the wheels, reverb (hate them), and seat, but other than that the build is pretty spot on. Any recommendations on setup/changes you guys have experienced??

O+ FL
Posted: Mar 13, 2020 at 8:35 Quote
tgent wrote:
Welp, pulling the trigger on a Mega this weekend. Stoked! Getting the X01 build and swapping out the wheels, reverb (hate them), and seat, but other than that the build is pretty spot on. Any recommendations on setup/changes you guys have experienced??

The stock Super Deluxe air did not work for me at all. I picked up a Fox X2 and DHX2, both of which have been phenomenal. However, some like the SD so I wouldn't recommend changing it right off the bat.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.028399
Mobile Version of Website