Sea Otter Canada Year 1
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 9, 2019 at 14:28 Quote
Thoughts? Worth it? Vent or praise...
The ladies I rode with had lots to sayWink

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 10, 2019 at 19:20 Quote
I thought sea otter was alright. I was expecting there to be a lot more vendors in the expo, and a lot more people walking around. I assumed it would be a zoo, but it wasn't that chaotic.
I wish the expo would have been in the village but I can see why it wasn't. I found it odd not very many vendors were actually selling anything?
It was nice getting a super cold ice coffee from kicking horse on a blistering hot day though
The xc races and dual slalom had pretty a pretty good viewing area.
Would be nice if Blue would give sea otter attendants a slight discount on lift tickets. I understand racers got one, but even $10 off for just bracelet holders would have been a nice gesture. With that being said riding conditions were great and I didnt find the lift lines that long.
I'm glad I went, but cant say I'll be attending next year.
A bike valet would have been nice. Check my bike in at the entrance gate so I didnt have to carry it around while I checked out booths.
Were you riding with a group of lady friends, or the ladies in the mini adventures clinic rides? My gf took part in those and she really enjoyed them. Easily the best part of the expo for her

As I've never really been to an 'expo' before I'm curious is it normal for the brands/companies there not to be selling anything? When you go to a boat show, can you not buy lures and stuff? Lol

Hows that for a sea otter rant

O+
Posted: Jul 16, 2019 at 11:36 Quote
I agree with everything you said! It was weird that nobody was selling anything, I know my buddy wanted to buy a pair of Smith googles they had on display there, but they weren't actually selling them! lol

one other thing I think they should have thought about, was specific areas for people to watch the races, instead of just wandering around the trails trying to find a spot to watch.

blazekelly wrote:
I thought sea otter was alright. I was expecting there to be a lot more vendors in the expo, and a lot more people walking around. I assumed it would be a zoo, but it wasn't that chaotic.
I wish the expo would have been in the village but I can see why it wasn't. I found it odd not very many vendors were actually selling anything?
It was nice getting a super cold ice coffee from kicking horse on a blistering hot day though
The xc races and dual slalom had pretty a pretty good viewing area.
Would be nice if Blue would give sea otter attendants a slight discount on lift tickets. I understand racers got one, but even $10 off for just bracelet holders would have been a nice gesture. With that being said riding conditions were great and I didnt find the lift lines that long.
I'm glad I went, but cant say I'll be attending next year.
A bike valet would have been nice. Check my bike in at the entrance gate so I didnt have to carry it around while I checked out booths.
Were you riding with a group of lady friends, or the ladies in the mini adventures clinic rides? My gf took part in those and she really enjoyed them. Easily the best part of the expo for her

As I've never really been to an 'expo' before I'm curious is it normal for the brands/companies there not to be selling anything? When you go to a boat show, can you not buy lures and stuff? Lol

Hows that for a sea otter rant

O+ FL
Posted: Jul 22, 2019 at 8:28 Quote
Sea Otter is traditionally a trade show.... vendors don't do retail there, they show off new product.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009261
Mobile Version of Website