2018 Trek Slash Dropper replacement

PB Forum :: Trek
2018 Trek Slash Dropper replacement
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 21, 2019 at 10:06 Quote
I just purchased a medium 2018 Slash 9.7 and the stock post requires too much insertion for a frame that allows so little. I'm looking for ideas on other brands I could replace the stock post with. The maximum insertion length the bike is 180 mm. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Posted: Aug 22, 2019 at 20:41 Quote
1up 2.0 has the most travel with the shortest stack height. I've never used it, though. I moved my Fox Transfer over and only saved about 5mm.

O+
Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 7:07 Quote
iliveonnitro wrote:
1up 2.0 has the most travel with the shortest stack height. I've never used it, though. I moved my Fox Transfer over and only saved about 5mm.

Thanks. That may be the direction I’m headed.

O+
Posted: Aug 28, 2019 at 1:05 Quote
Just bought a 150mm OneUp V2 dropper last week. It comes in tomorrow. I also have a medium Slash (2018 9.Cool , so I believe this is the largest dropper I can get. It’ll be close, but should allow an additional 25mm of party!

I’ll post a report up tomorrow night.

Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 8:46 Quote
Been rocking one on my slash, and the wife's Fuel EX since the 2.0's have come out, Like the day they were released I ordered 2.

Both of us were able to run longer travel posts than the stock Bontrager posts. mine has "JUST" started to make a bit of a rattle when at longer extensions. I believe I just need to clean and re grease the thing. I've been riding average 4 days per week and I'm 190lbs nekkid so I'm a on the heavier end of the testing spectrum.

The posts extend faster (in a good way) than the bontragers. the work well with the Bontrager lever.

O+
Posted: Aug 30, 2019 at 9:42 Quote
Thanks. Sounds like a Oneup dropper is the only way to go. i
Honda750 wrote:
Been rocking one on my slash, and the wife's Fuel EX since the 2.0's have come out, Like the day they were released I ordered 2.

Both of us were able to run longer travel posts than the stock Bontrager posts. mine has "JUST" started to make a bit of a rattle when at longer extensions. I believe I just need to clean and re grease the thing. I've been riding average 4 days per week and I'm 190lbs nekkid so I'm a on the heavier end of the testing spectrum.

The posts extend faster (in a good way) than the bontragers. the work well with the Bontrager lever.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 12:18 Quote
A few days late...
photo

photo

Post works pretty well. It's not nearly as smooth as the Bonti post, but 25mm more is a huge plus.

O+
Posted: Aug 31, 2019 at 15:21 Quote
25mm is huge. Ordering mine today.
swedishfishmx wrote:
A few days late...
photo

photo

Post works pretty well. It's not nearly as smooth as the Bonti post, but 25mm more is a huge plus.

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 19:29 Quote
How’s the post Skiffer?

O+
Posted: Sep 5, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
I ended up buying a Pivot Switchblade today and sold the Slash tonight. Couldn't pass up the deal and now my dropper problems are solved!
swedishfishmx wrote:
How’s the post Skiffer?

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
skiffer wrote:
I ended up buying a Pivot Switchblade today and sold the Slash tonight. Couldn't pass up the deal and now my dropper problems are solved!
swedishfishmx wrote:
How’s the post Skiffer?

Easy enough, sorry the Slash didn't work out. I may end up getting the new Fuel Ex frame and swap over everything from my Slash and lower the Fox36. If I want a park bike, I'll just build back up the Slash, otherwise the new Fuel would be my go to bike for everything else.

O+
Posted: Sep 9, 2019 at 15:35 Quote
I had the 2018 Fuel EX 9.8 and think it would have been a better rig with the 36. It was a great climber but got over it’s head on the way down. A 150 fork on the new Fuel would be amazing.

Easy enough, sorry the Slash didn't work out. I may end up getting the new Fuel Ex frame and swap over everything from my Slash and lower the Fox36. If I want a park bike, I'll just build back up the Slash, otherwise the new Fuel would be my go to bike for everything else.[/Quote]

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.025304
Mobile Version of Website