is a kona shred 2007 any good 4 a begginer

PB Forum :: Dirt Jumping & Street
is a kona shred 2007 any good 4 a begginer
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 12:34 Quote
i was thinking of getting one nd didnt know if i should

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
i got one for christmas and love it, theres gonna be plenty of kona haters who will disagree but to be honest you cant go wrong.....

i got mine from www.rutlandcycling.com its £389.99 with free delivery, full warranty and quality after sales service.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 12:38 Quote
Brand new?
Kona are not the best value for money, but the frames are very strong.
How much money is there to play with?

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:43 Quote
Great starter bike. Not too heavy to stop you learning tricks either.

As said before the frames are very strong. Good value too.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:44 Quote
That's what I'm using for my first bike Wink

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:47 Quote
yes but you will not like it in one year

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 13:50 Quote
Joeyy wrote:
Brand new?
i always find them to be cheap by comparison to other brands, and quite functional. i have a stinky and a 5-0 and they're both great bikes. a beginner will have a perfect time with a kona for years to come. its more in the rider than the bike. Lacondaguys, cowan, bassagoitia, bourdon, Fabian Barel, myself (LOL),lol ..... all killing it on a plain 'ol kona i say get it and get to riding2 cents

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 14:31 Quote
Ok... the analogy i have is.. Kona's are like honda civics. they are awesome base's and a awesome canvas to improve on!! GO FOR IT! great for begginners.. i started with a db response and i love it lol i have almost brand new stuff on it and im getting a steelhead frame.. i think they are great bikes

O+
Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 14:35 Quote
Yes, get one! That is a really great starters bike and you could step up the parts on it and turn it to a nice bike. The frame is stong and it could be a nice build. Good Luck.

Posted: Feb 24, 2008 at 18:29 Quote
My buddy got an 07 shred and he loves it. he also uprgaded it to a singlespeed. there are endless options for it.

Posted: Feb 25, 2008 at 8:56 Quote
reallybigmantis wrote:
Joeyy wrote:
Brand new?
i always find them to be cheap by comparison to other brands, and quite functional. i have a stinky and a 5-0 and they're both great bikes. a beginner will have a perfect time with a kona for years to come. its more in the rider than the bike. Lacondaguys, cowan, bassagoitia, bourdon, Fabian Barel, myself (LOL),lol ..... all killing it on a plain 'ol kona i say get it and get to riding2 cents

Ans that is why sponsership works. If a pro broke their bike it would never get out. So you're led to beleive they're indestructable as they're rode at crankworks and such.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010088
Mobile Version of Website