Megneg on v3 Bronson

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Megneg on v3 Bronson
  • Next Page
Posted: Nov 23, 2021 at 16:57 Quote
mottarr wrote:
I wasn't super convinced, but today i rode wardens climb, seventh secret and expresso with:
A 1.4 positive token (custom)
30%sag
2 negative bands
2 Rebound clicks from fast to slow
And I'm converted!
My bike never had so much traction and it still jumps just as good as it did without the NegMeg and with 3.4 positive tokens at 29% sag.
If you have a bronson v3 get this shit and go to 1 positive token! It works great!

Aaaaand a third on that ! I token, V3..perfect for the sea to sky

Posted: Feb 1, 2022 at 2:28 Quote
Santa Cruz V3 2019 owner, Megneg installed and tested for a couple of rides with the following setup:

Rider weight: 81kg + gear (let's say 83-84 kg tot.)
3 elastic bands
1 token left (two removed)
230 PSI
30% sag
Compression 4 click from fully open
Rebound 6 click from fast

Quick review: I'm impressed. Really. And I'm repeating to myself that's the best upgrade I've ever done on this bike.

First, I've noticed the bike is stiffer/harsher but somehow and surprisingly this results in a much better riding feeling. A feature of the Bronson (or at least mine) is that the rear wheel often tends to kick or be very poppy. Now I've gained a ton of traction both in uphill and downhill, giving me a feeling more similar to the Megatower. The rear wheel is glued to the ground. Yeah, it's a bit less poppy, but still very fun.
Landing from a jump si really impressive, I've got the feeling of riding a 200mm travel bike, and bottoming out seems not possible, the ring sag is 4mm far from the end of the stanchion.
Pedaling is even better, the bike is more stable even with the shock fully open, and again, traction on the technical uphill is amazing.

Truly recommended.

PS: A friend of mine installed the Megneg on a 2021 Hightower with the same setup and he is satisfied as well as me.

Posted: Jun 15, 2022 at 12:58 Quote
215lbs with gear
260psi and 33-35% sag
2 positive tokens
zero negative bands
rebound 2-4 clicks, depending on terrain.

overall, a great upgrade. Way more traction, more compliant on initial travel but lots more pop; adds a lot of playfullness to the bike and is a lot of fun. Started with zero positive spacer, then one spacer, now with two spacers eliminated almost all bottom outs. originally had one negative spacer; took it out, now bike has more initial stroke compliance and a lot of pop compared to before, very easy to get jibby on small trail features, which is pretty sweet to have that ability on a brawler bike like this.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017612
Mobile Version of Website